P500 P5 power steering source in Canada?

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Hey rustyneversleeps,
Short answer yes....

You will be pleased with E steering took me almost 7 years to install! Worth the dough and effort if you can swing it. In respect to images, mine has an auxiliary battery in a steel 50 cal ammo box under the hood, using a Blue Sea Mini add a battery kit. Blue Sea gear has worked flawlessly for years. It auto monitors charge in each battery and directs charge to battery in need. It isolates each battery so one is dedicated to starting and running stock stuff. Auxiliary battery runs, Winch, auxiliary lights, E steering etc. You can manually turn off entire system, combine batteries, and of course isolate via a master switch. You are gonna wanna wire more stuff onto your rig, I’d suggested checking into Blue Sea Mini.

What I’d recommend is look to install an auxiliary but put battery under the drivers seat, lotsa room there and you can place a skookum AGM one their.

Do it in phases as you need. On mine I ran think it was #4 welding cable from both positive and negative line from stock battery to front under hood. Ran it along the frame rail protected by skid plate and up the firewall in front of passenger side under the hood. Once there used a automotive style waterproof resettable breaker. From there you can hook up your Winch, E steering etc until you need/want auxiliary battery. Hope that makes sense. Also worth it to buy the Honda auxiliary power harness that plugs into dedicated factory plug that’s ignition key activated.
Cheers,
j

Thanks for the response man, I really appreciate it. I think I'm gonna get it ordered - I was planning on using a Blue Sea Systems fuse block (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001P6FTHC/?tag=sxsweb24-20) and running the positive/negative from the battery to the fuse block under the hood. At this point I have a Superwinch Terra 45SR coming and will probably tackle the electrical with the winch/power steering at the same time. I have been hardcore debating on the dual battery setup and will probably end up adding it at some point.

Thanks again!

Reactions: JCart and trigger
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
As said before, If you have not already done so, recommend the Honda Subharness with 4 key on power leads. One for the Power Steering relay and one for the winch controller relay. I run my power steering motor off the 6ga wire added for the winch motor. Any large gauge wire added to run under the hood should have a waterproof switch breaker inline close to the battery for downstream protection from shorts. I also put wire loom on the 6ga wire running inside the frame. Running a single battery. And while doing the winch, consider a wireless winch remote for under $20. Very handy for chores and for rewinding cable on the spool.

026509CC 00C1 4BCA AC8D 5C5D5D474D61

Last edited:
JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
There are some wireless winch remote controllers on Ebay made by X-BULL that will work up to 150' if anybody needs the extra distance that work great. I have been using it for pulling/installing 80' docks with no problems at all.

Reactions: JCart and Splorin

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!