Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@JACKAL not sure where your looking for a 520 but found mine in southern Ohio
Thanks, I gave up (for this year) after all the ADM fees, pushing OTD prices near $13k, not paying that for an $8k machine. Redirected my efforts to a full size machine replacement for my P1K5 with 12k miles on it.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm still committed to guiding you P500 / P520 people around as long as you don't mind following a 64" machine. Planning on Friday run to Brushy Mountain Pennitentiary or Thursday if you get in early enough (Wednesday night).

Saturday will do a trail ride through western Royal Blue & New River near Brimstone. TWRA has done a ton of work over there and ruts are not bad to non existent which causes narrow machines the most grief. These will be a good challenge for P500 size but not dangerous no winching.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I brought this home today and hope I can be apart of the group!

BC8EF959 693C 4776 9829 DBF5471079A5

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Have you settled on a date?
I will guide anyone who wants on Saturday, as I believe there will be 2 decent size groups want to go to Brushy Mountain Pennitentiary on TH & FR.

So Saturday would head out from RRB about 10AM and venture to the western part of Royal Blue and New River Units, these trails are far less traveled (usually no deep ruts) and offer great scenery and challenge for the P500 class without being dangerous or a mud fest (sans a 4"+ rain)

I would try to get everyone back by 5pm so they have time for the official Takeover get together/ meal / raffle that starts at 6pm. I ride this area considerably and have a good idea on time-line to head back.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
How much paved road on this particular route Jackal
Edited- I can't read / stupid.

How much Paved road, depending upon where you start from. But RRB 2 miles to Meredith Cemetery Trail 13. ( Bypass Trail 7&8 hereby known as ( The LeBrea Mud Pits) Then from Exit 141 to cross over, 1/2 mile on hwy 63, 1 mile on RBrd until it goes to gravel, then 3 miles of old 63 to Turley Mtn trailhead. So pavement miles is 7 miles.

However if people want to save an hour and add 3 more miles of pavement can get to Turley trailhead in under 30 minutes by taking Stinking Creek Rd at RB 4 miles cross over I75 then 1/2 mile of 63 and 4 miles of old 63 to Turley Mtn Trailhead. (This is my recommended route as you don't fight car traffic at exit 141 and get to the good trail much faster.

Last edited:
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Edited- I can't read / stupid.

How much Paved road, depending upon where you start from. But RRB 2 miles to Meredith Cemetery Trail 13. ( Bypass Trail 7&8 hereby known as ( The LeBrea Mud Pits) Then from Exit 141 to cross over, 1/2 mile on hwy 63, 1 mile on RBrd until it goes to gravel, then 3 miles of old 63 to Turley Mtn trailhead. So pavement miles is 7 miles.

However if people want to save an hour and add 3 more miles of pavement can get to Turley trailhead in under 30 minutes by taking Stinking Creek Rd at RB 4 miles cross over I75 then 1/2 mile of 63 and 4 miles of old 63 to Turley Mtn Trailhead. (This is my recommended route as you don't fight car traffic at exit 141 and get to the good trail much faster.
Do you have a map of this route that I could download/upload whatever the correct term is?
And does this include the eternal flame also, or strait to the prison?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Do you have a map of this route that I could download/upload whatever the correct term is?
And does this include the eternal flame also, or strait to the prison?
Prison is TH/ FR you're in the wrong thread.

No track for P500 ride yet, not without a bunch of extra you don't want any part of.
Eternal flame yes, on the way west

N

Nvrgiveup

This sounds great, count me in!

Also very interested in the Thursday ride, but will have to firm that up later. Very cool.
The little woman and I are planning on rolling into the area at 0800 Thursday and going on the prison ride that morning. So y’all need to saddle up and hit that one also!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Would have loved to be part of the P5 ride and the take over this year. We’re not gonna make it. Life has taken us away from riding for at least this year. You guys have fun and be safe out there. Send it.
Sorry to hear that, but I understand completely. Hope everything gets worked out for you and things go back to normal.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ok all you cool cats & kittens. This old dog is um tuckered out. For Saturday ride, going to run a shorter route that should take in the waterfalls and scenic trails in Sundquist Unit that surrounds RRB Campgrounds. I will be at RRB stage area to ride at 10AM with anyone that wants to go. Will likely hit waterfalls on Trail 2, 37, maybe 14, cave on Trail 21&top of the world, time permitting. Pan on being back to RRB between 4:30-5pm.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!