P500 P500 fit in Honda Ridgeline?

ishirock

ishirock

Oct 7, 2015
Bowdil, Ohio
Has anyone attempted to put a P500 in the back of a Honda Ridgeline with the tail gate down? My tape measure says it will fit with 1/4" on each side to spare. I think I will have to climb out the windshield once loaded if it will fit.

Reactions: rtn001
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone attempted to put a P500 in the back of a Honda Ridgeline with the tail gate down? My tape measure says it will fit with 1/4" on each side to spare. I think I will have to climb out the windshield once loaded if it will fit.

Do you have extra support for tail gate?

ishirock

ishirock

Oct 7, 2015
Bowdil, Ohio
Do you have extra support for tail gate?
I have hauled full sized street bikes in the bed. the tailgate swings open like a door and also down like a regular tailgate. Because of this it only has a support cable on the left side. It is larger than a regular cable and I place a chain on the right side to hold the weight. The P500 wheelbase is approx. 1 foot longer than my truck bed with the gate down. I was going to put 3/4 in plywood down to extend it out. That should help take some load off the gate also. I would back the buggy in to get the motor weight towards the front.

Just wondered if anyone has attempted this before I go thru these headaches. Sure would be nice to not have to pull a trailer.

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
I dont think its going to work very well. I have an avalanche which is bigger and I wont even attempt to put mine in there. 1000lbs in the back is gong to really affect handling, especially if you have some sort of emergency situation. A trailer is so much easier to load and unload but I understand why some people dont want to mess with them...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!