BOX1

P500 P500 Plow Setup Comparisons - Post your reviews here!

jmaxch

jmaxch

Sep 15, 2019
Quebec
Ownership

1. 500
Hi, I am wondering if any of you have the KFI Plow mount setup with the Honda Front bumper OEM Accessory ? Before I purchase it, I want to make sure it fits because I checked the mounting instructions and I find the metal sheet of the bumper very thin to be drilling and holding a snowplow ! I was wondering if the small bumper is bigger gage steel ?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Solid as a rock for 5 yrs now.

Plowing

jmaxch

jmaxch

Sep 15, 2019
Quebec
Ownership

1. 500
Solid as a rock for 5 yrs now.

View attachment 265521
Hi trigger. Glad you replied, I actually was looking at your rig! But I can see that you have some sort of modified front bumper bracket ? I have the Honda OEM Accessorie Front Bumper 08P73-HL5-A00 and since I had it since new, I was wondering if the steel gauge is actually thicker on the smaller OEM front normal bumper. Can you show me a few pictures of your plow mount ? Thanks

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You need the plow mount plate. It's thick as hell and you can leave it on all year, doesn't hang very low at all. Actually saved my front end when I hit a rock at Drummond Island. Here's a pic of that.

Crash

jmaxch

jmaxch

Sep 15, 2019
Quebec
Ownership

1. 500
You need the plow mount plate. It's thick as hell and you can leave it on all year, doesn't hang very low at all. Actually saved my front end when I hit a rock at Drummond Island. Here's a pic of that.

View attachment 265525
Thanks for the picture, I see that’s it’s been trough a lot! I was concerned about the 2 drilled bolt sheering the bumper plate but I see that most likely all the forces are sent through the bottom bolt. I just don’t want to have issues in the middle of the cold Canadian winter next year :D!

jmaxch

jmaxch

Sep 15, 2019
Quebec
Ownership

1. 500
I pulled the plug on the KFI Poly-Pro 66 inch, I should receive it next week and I’ll set it up in the fall before snow to make sure everything is good, I hope it will work well. I have about 2500 square feet of driveway on gravel to clear up but I have the feeling it’s going to be fun with the P500. I am sure I’ll have less gravel on the grass next spring then there was this year! Thanks again @trigger !

jmaxch

jmaxch

Sep 15, 2019
Quebec
Ownership

1. 500
I’ll make sure yeah, I have a vested interest in making sure ... not like the contractor with his tractor who digged his blower nice and deep and shot half my driveway on the lawn :D!

• Wow
Reactions: Jerryg and trigger
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I pulled the plug on the KFI Poly-Pro 66 inch, I should receive it next week and I’ll set it up in the fall before snow to make sure everything is good, I hope it will work well. I have about 2500 square feet of driveway on gravel to clear up but I have the feeling it’s going to be fun with the P500. I am sure I’ll have less gravel on the grass next spring then there was this year! Thanks again @trigger !
Keep us updated. I've been looking at this exact setup but didn't plan on buying until Fall.

Reactions: jmaxch
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!