BOX1

P500 P500 sound system options ?

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Hope to try out my new W.E. shocks later today.
Had a long week at work and should have some extra cheese to throw in my "fun money" stash soon. Have already picked out some wheels and tires. And the next thing I want to do after that is upgrade my sound system. I have tunes now but would like to go to something Bluetooth. I plan on completely removing my old setup and giving it to my brother to install in his Kawasaki. Want to start from scratch with a new system.

A couple of things on my mind...

1) The P500 is noisy so it would seem to me that installing a system with concert hall like audio quality would be kind of goofy because the finer notes would be lost in the background noise. But any system would need to at least be loud enough to overcome the noise of the P500. I am no expert on stereo systems and I am not really sure what the best compromise might be.
2) I would like to stay in the 400 to 700 dollar range for the new setup if possible.
3) My setup up now has amplified motorcycle handlebar speakers that require power, ground and audio-in wires. The receiver I am using requires audio-out, power, ground, and antenna wires. And if I use my ipod I have to run yet another audio cable to the receiver. It works pretty good but would like to simplify things and not have to run so many damn wires and cables.
4) Whatever direction I go, the new system needs to be rugged enough to withstand trail riding in rocky terrain. It also needs to be compact enough to fit in the space available in my little buggy.
5) I would like to keep the am-fm radio capability if possible but that is not a deal breaker.
6) Bass is cool. But for me, it's not a big enough of a deal to mount a separate subwoofer. Space is limited on the P500 and also I want to keep the new setup simple.

Whatever direction I go, there are going to be some compromises made. I don't need to have the most kick-ass stereo in the world. I just want a durable and simple way to occasionally enjoy tunes on the trail and when I am using my buggy to do yard work and other chores around my property. Right now I am leaning towards a Bluetooth overhead sound-bar type system that has only 1 hot, 1 ground, and 1 ignition wire. Would like to simplify my setup. I would be curious to hear what sound-bars that others have used and am also open to suggestions if there are altogether different setups that would accomplish the goals I have for my new tune system.
THANKS !

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
FWIW...there are several soundbars on the market that sound good but the bigger the better and, like you stated, not much room. Check out the SSV Works that mounts overhead, it's pricey but waterproof, built specifically for the P5 and you can hook it up and be done. Two 6 1/2'" speakers are in it, FM radio, bluetooth, waterproof compartment for your ipod, led dome light. It'll crank and gives you options to add on later.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
To save your hearing for the future I recommend Bose noise cancelling earbuds. They fit under a helmet and reduce the engine and wind noise while letting you listen to music. I used to drive Jeep CJ's with loud exhaust's and a soft top and put in ridiculous stereos so I could hear the music. I now travel on airplanes weekly and to save the hearing I have left they are priceless. Buy a good blue tooth speaker, UE Boom, Bose, JVC or similar to listen to when stopped and enjoying a beer and love the pure sound and noise reduction of the noise cancelling ear buds when riding.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
The ear buds also keep you from annoying the neighbors or others riding with your music selection and loudness.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Hope to try out my new W.E. shocks later today.
Had a long week at work and should have some extra cheese to throw in my "fun money" stash soon. Have already picked out some wheels and tires. And the next thing I want to do after that is upgrade my sound system. I have tunes now but would like to go to something Bluetooth. I plan on completely removing my old setup and giving it to my brother to install in his Kawasaki. Want to start from scratch with a new system.

A couple of things on my mind...

1) The P500 is noisy so it would seem to me that installing a system with concert hall like audio quality would be kind of goofy because the finer notes would be lost in the background noise. But any system would need to at least be loud enough to overcome the noise of the P500. I am no expert on stereo systems and I am not really sure what the best compromise might be.
2) I would like to stay in the 400 to 700 dollar range for the new setup if possible.
3) My setup up now has amplified motorcycle handlebar speakers that require power, ground and audio-in wires. The receiver I am using requires audio-out, power, ground, and antenna wires. And if I use my ipod I have to run yet another audio cable to the receiver. It works pretty good but would like to simplify things and not have to run so many damn wires and cables.
4) Whatever direction I go, the new system needs to be rugged enough to withstand trail riding in rocky terrain. It also needs to be compact enough to fit in the space available in my little buggy.
5) I would like to keep the am-fm radio capability if possible but that is not a deal breaker.
6) Bass is cool. But for me, it's not a big enough of a deal to mount a separate subwoofer. Space is limited on the P500 and also I want to keep the new setup simple.

Whatever direction I go, there are going to be some compromises made. I don't need to have the most kick-ass stereo in the world. I just want a durable and simple way to occasionally enjoy tunes on the trail and when I am using my buggy to do yard work and other chores around my property. Right now I am leaning towards a Bluetooth overhead sound-bar type system that has only 1 hot, 1 ground, and 1 ignition wire. Would like to simplify my setup. I would be curious to hear what sound-bars that others have used and am also open to suggestions if there are altogether different setups that would accomplish the goals I have for my new tune system.
THANKS !

Sound/ heat barrier. ..is a must
4 speaker pro armor.....100 watt
Soundstream sub woofer....150 watt
Youtube...rocmar
for a soundcheck.....
$500....all overhead...
20170209 101812

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
This holds my dry goods (TP, chips, gloves, bandannas etc..) and it absolutely JAMS and the Amp was around $30, the step up converter was about $3 and the cooler is less than $20. I have put it up against the more expensive systems out there, it's the way to go. I took the handles off and used Eye bolt through the side to strap it down.

I had the speakers already, you could use a set of "In"wall" speakers or just rob some out of a donor set you get at goodwill really cheap.. It sits on the rear rack with the speakers pointed towards the front and I still have room for the cooler full of ice. I built a smaller one without a sub and it used a smaller 2 channel amp, that one costs about $10.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
This also worked really well, and was really loud. I wanted to try more bass so I moved up to the "Boom Cooler". These bluetooth amps are really cheap and have a lot of reviews on youtube. Put this tiny amp inside the speaker and all you need is 12 volts running to it on a switch and play music from your phone or tablet.

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
FWIW...there are several soundbars on the market that sound good but the bigger the better and, like you stated, not much room. Check out the SSV Works that mounts overhead, it's pricey but waterproof, built specifically for the P5 and you can hook it up and be done. Two 6 1/2'" speakers are in it, FM radio, bluetooth, waterproof compartment for your ipod, led dome light. It'll crank and gives you options to add on later.
Went to SSV WORKS website and did not see anything listed for the P5 but did see a couple of overhead systems for the P700. One had two speakers and the other had 4 speakers. Are these the ones you are talking about ?

Reactions: rocmar and trigger
Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Went to SSV WORKS website and did not see anything listed for the P5 but did see a couple of overhead systems for the P700. One had two speakers and the other had 4 speakers. Are these the ones you are talking about ?
Nevermind ha ha. I called SSV works and talked to a salesman. He gave me the part number for the system specifically designed for the P500. It is pricey at $599 but he did say he would give me a 10% break so that would take it down to $540. Still researching other options but I'm leaning towards the SSV system.

Reactions: rocmar and trigger
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wet sounds is the way to go... I had ssv works in my rzrs. The speakers blew frequently, and if the motor is revving, even turned all the way up I couldn’t hear enough to determine what it was... much happier with my wetsounds stealth 10... I also did the $100 soundstream sub under the seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: joeymt33
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Wet sounds is the way to go... I had ssv works in my rzrs. The speakers blew frequently, and if the motor is revving, even turned all the way up I couldn’t hear enough to determine what it was... much happier with my wetsounds stealth 10... I also did the $100 soundstream sub under the seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to remember that he's in a P5 and not a P1k. Not an issue of height but room front to back, I try not to hang anything rigid below the bars personally.
Speakers only blow once so it sounds like it was clipping which can be caused by improper tuning, most likely pushing it for bass that it couldn't produce.
Here's a tuned SSV with a $150 10" sub...crank that sh**!

D

Deleted member 3748

You have to remember that he's in a P5 and not a P1k. Not an issue of height but room front to back, I try not to hang anything rigid below the bars personally.
Speakers only blow once so it sounds like it was clipping which can be caused by improper tuning, most likely pushing it for bass that it couldn't produce.
Here's a tuned SSV with a $150 10" sub...crank that sh**!
I can tell how far back @trigger is by how loud his music is playing in my Pioneer.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Check out the bazooka party bar. They cost about $400 for the 24" bar. I heard they have a 36" bar now but i dont know how much they are. Its bluetooth, just needs the hot wire and ground, and it even has built in l.e.d. lights if your into that. But you dont gotta turn on the lights. Even has a rail on top for mounting light bars to. Typically they would be mounted in the overhead of your rollcage. This was the set up i was gonna get but now that i chopped my cage i aint got the room. Just my 2 cents worth. Good luck to you! :)

Reactions: Derail
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!