P700 P700-4 sound system ideas??

G

greenheadsled

Feb 25, 2016
Elkton MI
Hey guys, I'm looking for a simple sound system, i don't need to blow the leaves off the trees, just something enjoyable, I don't need am fm radio, just bluetooth
And help is appreciated
Thanks

Jim

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I think most guys will go with a sound bar especially if you dont want am/fm or make your own tunes
20160722 143754 zps9ifbtfrh

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hey guys, I'm looking for a simple sound system, i don't need to blow the leaves off the trees, just something enjoyable, I don't need am fm radio, just bluetooth
And help is appreciated
Thanks

Jim
I would recommend something like this
IMG 6507
Or if you prefer a component system
IMG 6508
Just add amplifier & speakers. Something from here...
SSV MRB3 Bluetooth Media Controller w/ Screen

Reactions: trigger
SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
I liked allgm1's setup but i made mine my own. I did follow his instructions on using plywood, fleece blankets, and resin. Very easy build. I've got a $156 in the bluetooth pyle marine amp & 2 8" pyle marine subs. I had the other speakers laying around. Its not going to "blow the leaves off the trees" but we will be heard.

20161226 113617

Last edited:
volkspower

volkspower

Feb 28, 2017
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon X
I built a box using 3/4 MDF and 1/2" ply and sprayed with bedliner. Mounted with 5 SS bar clamps. 1000 watt 4ch amp with two Polk 6.5 fronts and backs bridged to Polk DVC 8" sub. Had to add a capacitor to keep the bass from dropping out. Used a Pyle bluetooth controller instead of a head unit. All parts other than plywood cost me less than 300 bucks.

Dash Mounted Painted Spk box

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks pretty good

1911Man

Mar 7, 2017
S.E. Texas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I bought one of these and dash mounted it. Needs an amplifier if you get in the gas. I just have it run straight to a pair of 6x9 Rockford Fosgates. It looks better than that ugly warning sign in the middle of my dash. You do need small hands to get the nuts started on the mounting bracket. I do plan on upgrading my speaker boxes and adding an amp later. As with all things on my Honda, it's a work in progress.

Amazon.com: MarineMaxx Marine Stereo Audio MP3 Radio FM AM Bluetooth Music for ATV UTV RZR XP900 Motorcycle Powersports Boat Golf Cart Truck SPA Heavyduty Sound System with Audio Input: Car Electronics

Dribbles

Dribbles

Apr 30, 2017
Land O Lakes, FL
Ownership

1. 700-2
And help is appreciated
Thanks

Jim
Not sure what your budget is but I just installed a WetSounds Stealth Ultra HD 10 soundbar in my 700 and it sounds awesome! Very easy to install. Red and Black wires to battery, That's it! You can easily plug in another sound bar to blow the roof off or they make 6" and 10" subs that connect to the sound bar very easy. Connects to my iPhone super easy via Bluetooth. I'm looking at adding another soundbar and subwoofer to the inside. All 3 plug into each other for super easy install and great sound. All the models below are pre amped so one less thing to worry about during install.
Stealth6 ULTRA | STEALTH SERIES SOUND BARS
Stealth10 ULTRA HD | STEALTH SERIES SOUND BARS
Stealth AS-6 | Stealth Series Subwoofers
Stealth AS-10 | Stealth Series Subwoofers

S

smwertz2305

Nov 4, 2016
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
I liked allgm1's setup but i made mine my own. I did follow his instructions on using plywood, fleece blankets, and resin. Very easy build. I've got a $156 in the bluetooth pyle marine amp & 2 8" pyle marine subs. I had the other speakers laying around. Its not going to "blow the leaves off the trees" but we will be heard.

View attachment 35483
Would you happen to have the instruction on how to build this head unit? I cant seem to find it

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Noam nutv-4... $300 and sounds better than a lot of more expensive systems...

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have had this unit in my P700-2 and it has worked without any problems at all. Plenty of sound and easy to use. It also is expandable with other speaker outputs and line in connection. I use it connected blue tooth and have had no problems. I have had it installed about a year and it works just as good as the day I installed it. It has more than enough sound output for me and clear sound as well. The bass could be a little better , but for a small package, it is real nice. No distortion even at full power.

Show off your love of music with this Pro Armor four-speaker sound bar system. It designed to clip onto your 4x4 so that you can enjoy rocking sounds even when you're mudding or winching, and Bluetooth connectivity ensures this Pro Armor four-speaker sound bar system connects to your smartphone or tablet.

AU51040_lr2_3.jpg

Reactions: trigger
SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
Would you happen to have the instruction on how to build this head unit? I cant seem to find it
I'll find the post on here and tag you in it. I built mine different than the one in the post but it's still the same procedures. I think @ohanacreek is the one who built his and made the post.

S

smwertz2305

Nov 4, 2016
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4

View attachment 35483
Do you happen to have any type of instructions for your build? I am planning to do something like this soon and don't want to screw up.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!