P700 P700-4 widest point

S

Smon

Apr 22, 2022
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just picked up a used 2019 700-4 deluxe. Only 600 miles on it with quite. A few accessories.

I already had an enclosed trailer and based on my research, everything says it has a max width of 59.7”. Which is perfect for the 60” door width of my trailer. (.3” is point .3”, ha).

previous owner put QBT447 25x10 tires on all 4. They are in rough shape so no big deal. I can replace them to get back to stock width in the front. But after getting it home and trying to load it up, I’m not even close. Using a straight edge, the rear tires are closer to 62” wide. Fronts are worse with the wide tires. No spacers behind the wheels. Is the extra width just from the different tire with wider sidewalls? Will something like a Terrabite be significantly narrower?

Where did Honda measure??

anyway, I will be looking at 7x12 or 7x14 trailers soon. I just did not want the extra wind drag on the road. Pushed 50-60 mph winds last time and it was brutal

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
When the 700 came out in 2014 it was listed as 60". Don't know what changed to drop that .03"...LOL!

How close are the fronts to fitting? The 10" definitely will hurt that. Might be the same on the rear, because we all know that one mfg's 10" is not the same as another's.

Also, keep in mind that as the suspension squats, the track widens, so take anything in the bed or elsewhere out for loading. Jacking the rear preloads up may get the rear through. Unfortunately, can't do that on the front. Maybe jack up the front right at the door if you can, then drop it and see if you can squeeze through before the suspension settles back down.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just picked up a used 2019 700-4 deluxe. Only 600 miles on it with quite. A few accessories.

I already had an enclosed trailer and based on my research, everything says it has a max width of 59.7”. Which is perfect for the 60” door width of my trailer. (.3” is point .3”, ha).

previous owner put QBT447 25x10 tires on all 4. They are in rough shape so no big deal. I can replace them to get back to stock width in the front. But after getting it home and trying to load it up, I’m not even close. Using a straight edge, the rear tires are closer to 62” wide. Fronts are worse with the wide tires. No spacers behind the wheels. Is the extra width just from the different tire with wider sidewalls? Will something like a Terrabite be significantly narrower?

anyway, I will be looking at 7x12 or 7x14 trailers soon. I just did not want the extra wind drag on the road. Pushed 50-60 mph winds last time and it was brutal
welcome from Ohio

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2

Now that's the spirit.
Mine measures 63.5" Maybe it is camber? The tires definitely make a difference.
Even if you were an inch narrower than the door, that's not enough. It would only be a matter of time before you tear something up. Every time you trailer the machine will shift a little such that when you unload it will hit the door.

You will be much happier with the wider trailer and I doubt you will notice a lot of difference in the wind loading.

Welcome to the forum Smon.

S

Smon

Apr 22, 2022
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks! This forum has already cost me a few hundred bucks. Ha!

The front tires are at least 1.5” too wide on each side. 8” wide tires would only gain me an inch unless the sidewalls are significantly narrower.

Nothing extra weighing it down either.
I didn’t think of the issues when I go to unload. I know it will be a struggle in my controlled environment, trying to do this in the cold and mud will be impossible

I have been looking for a P700 for about 6 months, but never had a chance to see one in person. I just went with Hondas specs. Lesson learned there!

looks like a 7x12-14 is the only way. I don’t have many trailers in my area, so now I’m trusting online measurement again. One door width says 63” and one says 70”.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!