• Welcome to HONDASXS.com

If you are a guest please take time to REGISTER with us. Stay up to date on the Honda Side by Side line and take part in our online forum. Check out the FAQ. Once you register you can start to make post. Users will respond to your question or statement. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit below or click the board index to see a list of all forums. Thanks and have fun.

P700 P700 or Polaris ranger 500

Discussion in 'General Pioneer 700 Discussion' started by Badblubug, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Badblubug

Badblubug Active Member

Ownership:
    presently I own a pioneer 500 and a Honda rancher, I’m thinking of selling the rancher and keeping the P500 and buying either a p700 or a Polaris ranger 500, the most important part of the purchase is ride quality... in my older years I find I can no longer take the beating I get with the p500 and rancher and still enjoy trail riding... I’m looking for a ride similar to a Buick park avenue, but seriously... who has the better ride Honda or Polaris?

2. DG Rider

DG Rider Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    I once got into trouble for saying the Ranger 570 rides better than the Pioneer 700, so I won't...even though it does. I'd bet the 500 ranger is similar. Look at the capacities of each and you can see why.

Either rides way better than a 500, but walking out of the woods/desert is a rougher ride than anything, and that's where the 700 scores big. I don't think Rangers are as junky as some people make them out to be, but I have no doubt that a 700 will Outlast probably 2 of them.

And then there's the P1K...

Backwoods and Mudwing like this.
  3. KyleC

KyleC Member

Ownership:
    700-2
    P700 for the Honda reliability. Swap the shocks for a set off of a Can-Am for the comfort. Have the best of both worlds!

Backwoods and Mudwing like this.
  4. Backwoods

Backwoods Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    700-2
    I think the ranger 500 tops out under 30 mph. I could be wrong. But I have done the Polaris thing , I personally prefer the build quality of a Honda . You should test drive them both and see what works for you. We all have different opinions and reasons but you have to drive it and pay for it at the end of the day. I hope whatever you choose works well for you.

Mudwing likes this.
  5. Badblubug

Badblubug Active Member

Ownership:
    Thanks for the feedback guys... I was at the local dealer today and they sell both Honda and Polaris, talking with the salesman who sold me the P5 I was asking about both, his reply was They sell more Polaris than Honda and stock more Polaris, a lot more actually... Good points on Polaris was accessories, lots of them and they do a great job, downside was, as he said...grease fittings and lots of them and you better do it or parts fail, he says stay with Honda, they have a 700-2 for $8999 a 2018 seems like a decent price... thinking it over, also said the 700’s are kinda pokey and top end the same as the 500 hmm...

Mudwing and DG Rider like this.
  6. DG Rider

Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    That does seem like a good price, but id be surprised if the 500 popo isn't slightly faster, if that means anything to you.

7. Badblubug

Badblubug Active Member

Ownership:

Nope, not at all.. I thought I’d be bummed that the 500 only did 40 but it hasn’t mattered one bit, besides, I’ll still have the 500 if a need for speed arises..lol

70Bones, Mudwing and DG Rider like this.
  8. DG Rider

Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    Can't say I've heard that one before...LOL!

Badblubug and Mudwing like this.