P700 Pa dcnr trails

G

Grasshopper

Jun 20, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
Hey I'm a current p500 owner, but I'd like to have a 700-4. My dilemma is the width restrictions on dcnr trails. Only a few require a 50" or less machine, but some are 58" or less. I was wondering if anyone is riding 60" machines and not having issues with the ranger? I know the 2" of width will likely never be a concern for my riding experience, but fines and or driving a decent distance from home to ride and being sent away for being over the width would.

Reactions: Isaiah
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hey I'm a current p500 owner, but I'd like to have a 700-4. My dilemma is the width restrictions on dcnr trails. Only a few require a 50" or less machine, but some are 58" or less. I was wondering if anyone is riding 60" machines and not having issues with the ranger? I know the 2" of width will likely never be a concern for my riding experience, but fines and or driving a decent distance from home to ride and being sent away for being over the width would.

I do everything I can to stay out of the DCNR system. I would rather pay more money or travel further to ride on private land. I think it is incredibly stupid that the DCNR gets this money for ATV / UTV license plates and what do we get in return as PA residents?? If i want to ride DCNR I have to drive at least a couple hours and then you ride and have to deal with DCNR hassling you. So really that plate is just a way for them to track me down and I don't need that.

I know that doesn't help you much but that's my .02
Unfortunately more and more people are posting their land. It sucks, but I can't blame them. So many punk kids, litigious people, and just general idiots that have no respect for property out there.

I'm lucky we have our property, and can ride to other trails via dirt roads where I live.

Reactions: Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!