P500 Parking P500 on trailer in Garage

4Rizeal

4Rizeal

Sep 25, 2016
Pike Road, AL
Ownership

1. 500
I purchased a 2015 P500 and it fits nice in my garage. I am now needing to replace my 4x8 trailer with a 5x10. It didn't occur to me until now how tall the roll cage makes the P500 and that I might have an height issue when combined with the trailer bed height and trying to park the trailer in the garage. Has anyone else run into this or solved this issue?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You could always join the chop tops and get rid of some of that extra roll bar up top:)

Reactions: trigger
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome to the club. Glad you are liking your 500.

Park trailer outside . P5 inside
Ya, you can't have it all. I ran into something like this going through the drive-through at a fast food joint. Thought I could make it but I didn't. Luckily there was enough room to pull way off to the side and get around the cover.

Unless you are building a new garage with a taller than normal garage door then you are SOL.
Even stretching it and airing down the tires is only going to gain you an extra 2 or so inches.
Sorry.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm a pro at pulling trailers and boats through the drive thru... I consider high curbs and awnings a personal challenge... plus, bonus for getting the order line out of sync with the window.

I agree. It's worth the look on the employees faces. Plus I won't have to shut off the truck for the people behind me to hear the speaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jshell3
J

JTW

The answer is simple.. build a bigger garage! I've got 12 wide x14 tall on one end and a 20wide x 14 tall on the other!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
I solved the problem by renting a 10x30 storage unit for the trailer and other stuff. Getting it for under $1000/year. Even though I have room to put a building up, between the cost of the building and the hit on property taxes in the long run I'm better of renting. It's 5 blocks from home so not much of an inconvenience.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I solved the problem by renting a 10x30 storage unit for the trailer and other stuff. Getting it for under $1000/year. Even though I have room to put a building up, between the cost of the building and the hit on property taxes in the long run I'm better of renting. It's 5 blocks from home so not much of an inconvenience.

Yep, just a lean to off an existing building gets you a tax hit.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Do you have any pictures of chop tops?
If you can figure out how to do the search, there's a few threads here discussing this with photos. Welcome to this forum @4Rizeal

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
The answer is simple.. build a bigger garage! I've got 12 wide x14 tall on one end and a 20wide x 14 tall on the other!
OH so you do have a small one . 40x40 w 12x20 doors . Thats not a garage mate this is a garage IMG 5409

Reactions: Montecresto
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Lol.. No.. those are my garage door sizes. The garage is a 40x60. How do you like your steel building? I love mine..
No other way to go ! Our barn is steel also . Why would you go another route ? No paint . No shingles . No rot . Critters can't get in or chew it up . Had lightning hit some corral fence and it travel thru the fence , came out and it the barn . made it burnt brown mark on it . Had it been wood ....up in smoke .

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

No other way to go ! Our barn is steel also . Why would you go another route ? No paint . No shingles . No rot . Critters can't get in or chew it up . Had lightning hit some corral fence and it travel thru the fence , came out and it the barn . made it burnt brown mark on it . Had it been wood ....up in smoke .
We have a lot of stick built metal polebarns in this part of the country. But it's amazing how much bigger, cleaner and brighter a steel framed insulated building seems.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Last edited:
doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
I need a third stall at my house. Just for lawn equipment and toys. I have a drive in basement/workshop I finished this year. But that is more ideal for my dirtbike and r/c's.

There's more room to the left. I can fit my mower, bike, log splitter, snowblower, and pushmower in there. But adding the P5 would be tight (hopefully I'll know that difficulty soon). I plan to just add a 3rd stall off the side of my garage. Shouldn't really change my taxes much at all. Part of having a P5 is for playing around near my with the kids and doing yard chores.

IMG 20160603 225839 zpsocdvm4pl

Reactions: JTW and joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!