P1000m5 Parts backordered

Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I waited until now for the clutch upgrade hoping to avoid the rush and hopefully to make sure all parts would be available. Before I took it in the service manager said it should be a week or two turn around. Well my 2016 1000-5 has now been in the shop over a month because they are waiting for a gasket for the clutch cover. Is anyone else having issues with the upgrade or do you think I may just be getting a run-around?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I waited until now for the clutch upgrade hoping to avoid the rush and hopefully to make sure all parts would be available. Before I took it in the service manager said it should be a week or two turn around. Well my 2016 1000-5 has now been in the shop over a month because they are waiting for a gasket for the clutch cover. Is anyone else having issues with the upgrade or do you think I may just be getting a run-around?
First I’ve heard of in a long time

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just had mine done, they said 2 weeks was done in a week. That’s weird! Maybe the dealer F’ed up the gasket and had to order a new one that’s why? Sound fishy.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Youre getting hosed by the dealer. Mine was done in a few hours. Theres no reason for them to have it that long. I would demand it be done immediately or that a machine be provided until its done.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know the parts number for the gasket. I asked for it today and the number they gave me did not match anything? I told them I would look for the gasket myself.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does anyone know the parts number for the gasket. I asked for it today and the number they gave me did not match anything? I told them I would look for the gasket myself.
Try checing the parts fiche on babbits honda or ask @ohannacreek or @Neohio theyre good at finding part numbers

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I looked at the do-it-your self link and when I clicked on the gasket it jumped to 404 error file not found.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I waited a few months til they could take it in for all 3 updates......didn’t purchase it from them so I understood they wanted to do the updates on the ones they sold first. They didn’t say it but that’s probably why it took so long. They did a great job, ready when they told me it would be and gave me a discount on a rear hard panel for having to wait. No complaints.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
#7 and/or #20
7 is available, 20 is 5-7 days according to rmatvmc.
Gaskets are under "solenoid valve"
IMG 20180920 203557

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They probably don't know what they are doing. I dropped mine off in the morning and they called just after lunch the same day with all the updates finished. They also said that they were going to check out the clutch before they did the cover and if it needed replaced they were going to do it for free without warranty.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Get that part number and I’ll check my stock. I’ve probably got the gasket.

Actually, I did my own the gaskets are very tough and can be reused.

Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys. You do a great job. The number they gave me was 06113-HL4-306.

The dead link was on the the forum.

Reactions: BWAF
Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update. When I told them I had a source for the part they informed me it just came in to them. So they finished it Saturday. I noticed a big difference in shifts. When you move the shifter into Hi or low it does not surge forward like it did before. Shifts seem to be much softer between gears. (I am not sure that is a good thing) I have two questions now. Do I need to change the oil like you would for break in and do I need to follow break-in procedures with speeds?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!