P700 Patching a C.V. boot

S

Shadmejean1

Dec 5, 2018
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have changed out my rear axle cause my CV boot had a hole in it. Was going to replace the boot on the old one and use as a spare. After getting the old one off I found the hole and its about 3/16 of an inch. Wondering if anybody has patched them with any luck ?

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm all about saving money. But in this case, it might be too much trouble. A patch probably isn't going to last forever. Do you really want to have to go through this process again?

That said. I've never done it but a friend of mine repaired one (on a jeep) with an inner tube repair patch.

Reactions: Russ989 and Mudwing
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I never tried this because the price of a boot is cheaper then replacing a trashed CV joint.
You could try pushing a push button through from the inside leaving the smooth head on the inside kind of work like a tire plug.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!