Pavement, the 600lbs gorilla in the room

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks for the pressure guidance, I figured 15 was a little high, but seemed a good starting point. I went out again last night and did another 50ish miles with more trail & less road and I'm really enjoying the new tires. Even at the higher pressure, they soften the blow of rocks and other bumps that the stockers would pass through to the frame with a resounding THUD-THUD.

How is your high speed pavement steering at 10 PSI? To start last night's ride, I did about 4 miles at about 50 MPH to get to the trails, it handled the speed with the larger fronts fine

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks for the pressure guidance, I figured 15 was a little high, but seemed a good starting point. I went out again last night and did another 50ish miles with more trail & less road and I'm really enjoying the new tires. Even at the higher pressure, they soften the blow of rocks and other bumps that the stockers would pass through to the frame with a resounding THUD-THUD.

How is your high speed pavement steering at 10 PSI? To start last night's ride, I did about 4 miles at about 50 MPH to get to the trails, it handled the speed with the larger fronts fine
Steering is good. Drive around town all the time and never have any issues. Went about 5 miles at 60 mph a few weeks ago and she drove straight and true.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I'm running these.

Got about 5000 mostly highway miles on them, and have rotated them once. The rears wear faster than the fronts, I guess due to them being the drive tires. Still have about 50% tread. Had them machine balanced and they don't shake one iota.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm running these.

Got about 5000 mostly highway miles on them, and have rotated them once. The rears wear faster than the fronts, I guess due to them being the drive tires. Still have about 50% tread. Had them machine balanced and they don't shake one iota.
Really good price! Wonder if they’re available in 8 or 10 ply....🤔
Do you know what diameter they are?

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Really good price! Wonder if they’re available in 8 or 10 ply....🤔
Do you know what diameter they are?

They are 8 ply and I don't know the diameter. My speedometer is off about 2 mph now according to the gps. I have been very pleased with them.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
They are 8 ply and I don't know the diameter. My speedometer is off about 2 mph now according to the gps. I have been very pleased with them.
Your link says 6 ply, if they are 8 ply, even better. If you get a chance sometime to measure the height I’m interested in what it is, thanks.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
If the link says 6 ply, that's what they are. Our terrain here isn't rocky, so there isn't much of a chance of sidewall puncture.

Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!