P500 PDI & freight

Nascar

Nascar

Feb 20, 2017
Cariboo, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Hi Guys,
I’m new to this great forum and I’m shopping for a new 2017 P500 base model. In our province of BC the Honda dealers are asking a crazy amount for freight & pdi, even on models they have in stock = $1,195 PDI/Freight + $195 DOC.
Seems crazy as they come on rolling chassis ready to go except they have to bolt roll cage and check fluid levels. I was also told they have to program the ecm to un-lock it and put buyers name in it so a dealer would know the unit has been sold to an authorized buyer...ya right. You can clearly see on the video of the factory in NC that the units are driven off the line, ran through the gears on the rollers to check function. Sounds like it’s a way to justify the high cost PDI. I call B.S.

Nascar

Nascar

Feb 20, 2017
Cariboo, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks. With the way our $ is, the cost across the border just doesn’t make it feasible.
Different price from ever dealer so far. I’ve even been in touch with a dealer in AB. I’m narrowing it down. Who ever has the best price gets my business :)

D

Deleted member 3748

Hi Guys,
I’m new to this great forum and I’m shopping for a new 2017 P500 base model. In our province of BC the Honda dealers are asking a crazy amount for freight & pdi, even on models they have in stock = $1,195 PDI/Freight + $195 DOC.
Seems crazy as they come on rolling chassis ready to go except they have to bolt roll cage and check fluid levels. I was also told they have to program the ecm to un-lock it and put buyers name in it so a dealer would know the unit has been sold to an authorized buyer...ya right. You can clearly see on the video of the factory in NC that the units are driven off the line, ran through the gears on the rollers to check function. Sounds like it’s a way to justify the high cost PDI. I call B.S.
Yeah, none of that sounds true. I like seeing a Canadian with the name NASCAR. Do you guys still have CASCAR?

Nascar

Nascar

Feb 20, 2017
Cariboo, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Been a Nascar fan since the 1st tv broadcast in 79. In Canada it’s now called Canadian Tire Series Racing. Now the Nascar Infinity cars race up in Montreal one weekend out of the year and show the boys how it’s done.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

Been a Nascar fan since the 1st tv broadcast in 79. In Canada it’s now called Canadian Tire Series Racing. Now the Nascar Infinity cars race up in Montreal one weekend out of the year and show the boys how it’s done.
I'm a Ford guy to the core and I think getting the Stewart-Haas team (Harvick, Busch, Bowyer, Patrick) running four more Fords might push the Fords to the top of the manufacturer standings this year. Not that it's a big deal, but not many teams have been running Fords and they're always last. What do you think?

Reactions: Chooglin
Nascar

Nascar

Feb 20, 2017
Cariboo, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
It’s a great move for SHR and Ford. More tech help on the Ford end and actually Ford has more body down force. Not the best for qualifying but better in the draft and once the tires wear down on the big tracks. Bonus no matter what on the 1.5 mile and short tracks. Hated seeing Tony retire but Bowyer is a true team player and will do what ever it takes to help his team mates.
Then there is the Toyota’s....TRD throws so much money at the race program its hard for the rest to keep up.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

The Ford engine is top-notch on the 1.5 mile tracks. I prefer anyone winning over the Toyotas and that was tough with Kenseth and Edwards leaving Penske. I like all of the Hendricks team but am tired of seeing them win. :)

D

Deleted member 3748

I should move this to a NASCAR forum and stop hijacking your thread. Sorry! :rolleyes:

Nascar

Nascar

Feb 20, 2017
Cariboo, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Pulled the trigger on a 2017 today. :D Should arrive in a week. Won’t say what I paid out in the open forum but will say every dealer had a different out the door price when contacted. Spread was as much as $900 on the base model and the further away from the big cities was way better. So don’t be afraid of shopping around.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I'm headed to Tenn for my next one. I'll throw an offer here locally and see what happens, but if they say no I'll pull and empty trailer 7 hours then head straight to the trails in Tenn. Its a win win

Reactions: ohanacreek
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!