Perry State Forest April 24th/25th

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey All- A buddy of mine picked up a Pioneer 500 a couple of weeks ago and I believe we are going to try to get a little seat time down at Perry April 24th and (maybe) 25th. If anyone is close or interested, let me know- I'll share solid details as they are finalized.

He'll be first time out on his 2019 Honda Pioneer 500 and I'll be cruising in my 1000-5 eagerly awaiting my opportunity to get him back right-side-up 🤣🤣

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey All- A buddy of mine picked up a Pioneer 500 a couple of weeks ago and I believe we are going to try to get a little seat time down at Perry April 24th and (maybe) 25th. If anyone is close or interested, let me know- I'll share solid details as they are finalized.

He'll be first time out on his 2019 Honda Pioneer 500 and I'll be cruising in my 1000-5 eagerly awaiting my opportunity to get him back right-side-up 🤣🤣
We'll try to make it down keep us posted as it gets closer. Hell you might get to put us right side up lol.

DrShotgun

DrShotgun

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 20, 2020
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Yea let me know it’s a pretty short trip up there for me. Maybe bring my brother in law. I think his KRX will fit through the gate.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Alright so here's where we stand: we have reservations for Friday and Saturday night at the campground attached to the trails. Realistically neither one of us get off work until 5:30, so by the time we made it two or two and a half hours across the state, we really just be setting up in the dark to go to bed. (I didn't make the reservations, my buddy has the camper)

That being said I'm going to push for an early departure time on Saturday, hopefully be there and set up by noon-1ish.

Plan will be to ride the afternoon, camp, maybe cruise around a bit Sunday morning and head out sometime Sunday afternoon.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Not committing yet but I’m thinking on it.
If I make it, would be Saturday only.
Probably arrive ~10am ish.
Any other early arrivals?
We could cruse around for a bit before hitting the rendezvous point at noon.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not committing yet but I’m thinking on it.
If I make it, would be Saturday only.
Probably arrive ~10am ish.
Any other early arrivals?
We could cruse around for a bit before hitting the rendezvous point at noon.
I can be there earlier it's only about an hour south of us.

Reactions: dnjones161 and lee
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Interesting tidbit for the Ohio crew (not related to this trip), the Pike S.F. APV area has camping now.
ODNR finally cracked open there APV fund that they have been steeling from us for the last 20+ years and they are improving the Pike APV area.
They added 1400 acres of land, added 10 miles of trails and created a novice skill area (burmed corners, concrete pipes and telephone poles to drive over).
And now 4 camping spots.

It's really hard to find any information on the camping.
All I could find so far:

OK, back to the ride at Perry now (yes I did this just to bump the thread).

DrShotgun

DrShotgun

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 20, 2020
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interesting tidbit for the Ohio crew (not related to this trip), the Pike S.F. APV area has camping now.
ODNR finally cracked open there APV fund that they have been steeling from us for the last 20+ years and they are improving the Pike APV area.
They added 1400 acres of land, added 10 miles of trails and created a novice skill area (burmed corners, concrete pipes and telephone poles to drive over).
And now 4 camping spots.

It's really hard to find any information on the camping.
All I could find so far:
View attachment 266874
OK, back to the ride at Perry now (yes I did this just to bump the thread).
I think I’ll try to show up around 10 or so too. We are headed to Tecumseh in the morning. Also I hear the Pike APV is nice. It’s a little bigger than Perry from my understanding although I haven’t rode it since it’s been legal to do so. It’s maybe 25min west of me.

Reactions: dnjones161
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
OK, I'm in (caving to peer pressure).
I have a 'borrowed' trailer lined up, we had a flood in our house so most of our living room in in my cargo trailer still.

A buddy from work is coming with me.
He's been trying to spin how he needs a SxS to his wife.
Our wives are friends so it's going to be an up hill battle, every 'reason' and 'justification' will be quickly double checked.

Plan to be in the trail head around 10 am Saturday (4/24), to meet up with any other early arrival day trippers.
Plan to cruse around, do whatever until the official start time.

@dnjones161 let us know your plan for the day when you have it nailed down.
We can try to find the campground around noon if that works.

Reactions: DrShotgun
DrShotgun

DrShotgun

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 20, 2020
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK, I'm in (caving to peer pressure).
I have a 'borrowed' trailer lined up, we had a flood in our house so most of our living room in in my cargo trailer still.

A buddy from work is coming with me.
He's been trying to spin how he needs a SxS to his wife.
Our wives are friends so it's going to be an up hill battle, every 'reason' and 'justification' will be quickly double checked.

Plan to be in the trail head around 10 am Saturday (4/24), to meet up with any other early arrival day trippers.
Plan to cruse around, do whatever until the official start time.

@dnjones161 let us know your plan for the day when you have it nailed down.
We can try to find the campground around noon if that works.
When I was at Tecumseh yesterday I ran into an RS1 who was turned away so hopefully they won’t be so crazy next weekend.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I was at Tecumseh yesterday I ran into an RS1 who was turned away so hopefully they won’t be so crazy next weekend.

Uh oh- what do you mean turned away? I'll be bringing the 1000- spec is 63 I think, let's hope an inch closer is good enough.

@lee we are still in chats about Friday night. His first day at the new job is today- hopefully I'll know more this evening. We'll be sure to do a little brainstorming on the way over to help with the sales pitch for your buddy 🤣🤣

DrShotgun

DrShotgun

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 20, 2020
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Uh oh- what do you mean turned away? I'll be bringing the 1000- spec is 63 I think, let's hope an inch closer is good enough.

@lee we are still in chats about Friday night. His first day at the new job is today- hopefully I'll know more this evening. We'll be sure to do a little brainstorming on the way over to help with the sales pitch for your buddy 🤣🤣
Yea I always heard they didn’t mind, but it was packed up there last weekend! I drove by on my way to Tecumseh and there were people everywhere. I think it’s just where things are just opening they had rangers at the gate with a tape. No tickets just told him he was unable so them and all the four wheelers headed down the road to Tecumseh.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update:

We are ready to skip town so it looks like we'll be coming over Friday night. Hopefully it wont be too crowded given the forecast and the Rangers will be staying dry in their trucks/headquarters. @lee and @Ohio4x4 have my cell (not sure what kind of service we will have), and I'll make sure to post up a photo of our machines when we get loaded up tonight so we can be identified :cool:

I know the weather looks a little spotty on Saturday- anyone bailing??

Reactions: DrShotgun and lee
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I know the weather looks a little spotty on Saturday- anyone bailing??

Is that a play on words?
Any more than a light sprinkle and the P500 guys will be bailing.

I'm hoping the rain holds off till later in the afternoon.
If not It will be a mud fest.
Still planning to be at the trail head around 10am.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We made it! Photo to come in the morning. See you boys soon!

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Loading up now will be pulling out here at 9 should be there at 10 or shortly aftrr

Reactions: DrShotgun and lee
DrShotgun

DrShotgun

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 20, 2020
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No dice for me today didn’t want to get little man wet and cold

Reactions: dnjones161

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!