P700 PGM-Fi unit (ecu, pcm) replacement

I

ike775

May 20, 2020
yerington nevada
Ownership

1. 700-4
2018, 700-4 Deluxe
I was in the middle of flashing the PGM-FI back to stock. I had some top end issues, the symptoms are a lot like the baffle issue with the muffler, any how I wanted to do diagnostics with stock settings. In the middle of the remap the power vision 3 became disconnected and now the dash lights do not work and it cranks but does not start. The PV3 wont connect to the ecu to rest to stock settings. My question is if I need a new PGM-FI is there some sort of reset procedure or is it plug and play? Thanks for you help.

I

ike775

May 20, 2020
yerington nevada
Ownership

1. 700-4
2018, 700-4 Deluxe
I was in the middle of flashing the PGM-FI back to stock. I had some top end issues, the symptoms are a lot like the baffle issue with the muffler, any how I wanted to do diagnostics with stock settings. In the middle of the remap the power vision 3 became disconnected and now the dash lights do not work and it cranks but does not start. The PV3 wont connect to the ecu to rest to stock settings. My question is if I need a new PGM-FI is there some sort of reset procedure or is it plug and play? Thanks for you help.
Update:
Chance at dynojet saved me it took some trouble shooting but he got me running. awesome customer service and worked through lunch hour to help me. Respect

I

ike775

May 20, 2020
yerington nevada
Ownership

1. 700-4
I deleted data off the pv3 and planed on downloading the firmware and tunes again, in doing so it deleted the matching tune that was recorded off the initial merry of the ecu. He was able to try and over write what tune was on the pv to trick the ecu into accepting the a couple of tunes but the pv3 did not recognize the ecu. He renamed the stock tune to match what numbers were on the ecu and it was able to connect and upload.

I

ike775

May 20, 2020
yerington nevada
Ownership

1. 700-4
dyno jet got me running but the tune was crappy, i had no top end power would stall out about 33 mph. I took it to the dealer after 2 months of waiting fir an apointment and then they had it for another 1.5 months. Ended up getting a new pgmfi and they only billed me fair the part and 1hour labor. They did more into it than that so guess the wait was worth it, seems to be running good again.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!