Picked up new Talon X today- stiff ride.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Update on stock shocks. Shocks and springs were not to my liking for the riding I do so I removed them View attachment 250197
Made a appointment and a few days later I took them to Weller racing and dropped them off while I did some shopping about 2:30 they called and said they were done. View attachment 250198
Put them back on this morning. Had new dual rate springs with crossovers put on and valving done to them.I opted for the soft ride with basically a stock machine and trail riding 5-20mphView attachment 250199
View attachment 250200
View attachment 250201
When I got it back together I took my wife for a ride and even she noticed how much better it rode! Now I can live with the ride but I think the 15” tires are part of the problem with these machines too.
Oh and I reconnected my sway bar too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad it feels better for you! I agree with you on the 15" rim not helping the situation when it has a 28" tire on it. You will notice an improvement in ride if you end up going to bigger tires. I really like my 32" Terra Masters!)

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks for the follow up. 👍 I noticed quite a bit of difference when I lowered my stock tire pressures to 12 psi (stock spec is 16). As you know that's a compromise depending on your riding style. I'm running 10 pounds now but have beadlocks and 8 ply 30" tires.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I've run 8 PSI on the stock wheels and tires for the last 1000km.

I’m running 11.5 I believe. I’ll double check tomorrow. Do you think I can lower the psi some even in AZ rocky terrain? You never had any popped beads?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’m running 11.5 I believe. I’ll double check tomorrow. Do you think I can lower the psi some even in AZ rocky terrain? You never had any popped beads?

Just send the shocks off and have them fixed, Honda has they're head in the sand as far as shocks goes.

M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X

Never had an issue. And I am not kind to it at all.

Reactions: Elkhunter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!