Pics and measurement request

A

Anton

Feb 10, 2021
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am interest in getting a Talon 1000x-4, but I have a family of 5. So I would need to find a way to add a bench seat to the rear. I contacted a few companies that make bench seats for other UTV's. So far only one has gotten back to me, and they said it is too much modification. I don't have access to one near me, so I am unsure what actually needs to be modified. The pics I have found from google are useless.

Would anyone be willing to measure the total width of the rear seats (outside edge to outside edge)? And also snap some pics of the rear seating area with seats in and removed, as well as the cup holder removed? I am trying to see if it is something that could be done with a reasonable amount of work, possibly with a universal bench seat.

Reactions: TxDoc
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am interest in getting a Talon 1000x-4, but I have a family of 5. So I would need to find a way to add a bench seat to the rear. I contacted a few companies that make bench seats for other UTV's. So far only one has gotten back to me, and they said it is too much modification. I don't have access to one near me, so I am unsure what actually needs to be modified. The pics I have found from google are useless.

Would anyone be willing to measure the total width of the rear seats (outside edge to outside edge)? And also snap some pics of the rear seating area with seats in and removed, as well as the cup holder removed? I am trying to see if it is something that could be done with a reasonable amount of work, possibly with a universal bench seat.
Someone posted pics earlier of having used a Canned Ham (IIRC) bench in his X4 fairly recently. So it can be done with parts already existing. Sorry I don't have a clue where I saw it other than on this site. Hopefully someone will give you the full width available so you can start engineering what you'll need. My 2 seater is 48" I.D. between armrests, fwiw.

Reactions: Anton

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!