BOX1

P1000 Pin hole in sidewall

B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, I put on new tires and immediately got a pin hole in the inside sidewall. It is so small that it takes overnight to drop 4lbs of pressure. What should I do? I am not 100% sure if it came like that or if I really have that bad of luck. I did notice that one of the tires that came mounted up was considerably less inflated than the other 3 but I never thought much of it. The only way I found the pinhole was spraying soapy water on it and finding the bubble. Can Slime fix this or should I just get a new tire?

Reactions: Isaiah and Biteme
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
You can patch it on the inside or plug it. With a plug you have to be careful not to scrape the plug out. It may take a lot of slime if its not at the tread.

Major0887

Major0887

Dec 2, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There’s a tire sealant called “tireject” they sell it on amazon. It’s can seal sidewall holes up to 3/8”. I’ve been running it in my tires for about a year now with no issues. Hope this helps

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Have you ridden on them at all? If you got them from somewhere already mounted on wheels and have never rode on them I'd bring it up with the seller to make it right. If you rode around on them, it's on you. If they are beadlocks or you've got a beadbreaker to install them yourself I'd patch it and then throw Slime in it.

R

rickoshea

There’s a tire sealant called “tireject” they sell it on amazon. It’s can seal sidewall holes up to 3/8”. I’ve been running it in my tires for about a year now with no issues. Hope this helps
i run mine with tireject.i'm assuming it will plug it,i've never dropped a single psi so i'm guessing it works 🤣

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I had a brand new tire get the side wall punctured at the takeover last year and it really pissed me off cuz we all moved Over for a few poo poo’s to get buy while we were having lunch! They could hear it hissing and just drove by pointing:mad:
Anyway, a sidewall picture doesn't give many options to fix it. My solution was to get an inter tube for 15$ The size of the tire, mine was 30”. It was Cheaper than vulcanizing (good option too) and worked very well. Haven’t had an issue since. Good to note that I used a patch first an for off road didn’t work worth a dam

Reactions: Isaiah
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you ridden on them at all? If you got them from somewhere already mounted on wheels and have never rode on them I'd bring it up with the seller to make it right. If you rode around on them, it's on you. If they are beadlocks or you've got a beadbreaker to install them yourself I'd patch it and then throw Slime in it.
^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I jabbed something in my sidewall 2 years ago. Out on the trail I did the only thing I could do. I put three plugs in it and used slime to inflate the tire.
I forgot about it for a couple of weeks and since it was holding I decided to let-r-ride. It's still holding today.

Reactions: CID and TripleB
R

RoundMtn

May 6, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Big hole last night riding and 5 plugs later and jug of slime to get me home... anyway just picked up the tire from dealer with new tube .... hope it holds

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Either of these is what I have had great success with.

07DD5EED 729F 40EB B469 80913ADAAC76

Reactions: Dirtstiffs-1000
B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A little update. I ordered up the Tireject and it sealed up perfectly. I turned in a warranty claim to Rocky mountain ATV, but with the COVID, their response was delayed. I did not want my SxS sitting for weeks on end, so I just put the tireject in and forgot about it. 3 weeks later, RMATV reached out and warrantied the tire. I was pleasantly suprised. They shipped out a new tire and gave me a gift card for 20$ to get it mounted at my local tire shop. Shout out to RMATV on their customer service. I am out a bottle of TIreject, but that is small beans compared to a compromised sidewall.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
A little update. I ordered up the Tireject and it sealed up perfectly. I turned in a warranty claim to Rocky mountain ATV, but with the COVID, their response was delayed. I did not want my SxS sitting for weeks on end, so I just put the tireject in and forgot about it. 3 weeks later, RMATV reached out and warrantied the tire. I was pleasantly suprised. They shipped out a new tire and gave me a gift card for 20$ to get it mounted at my local tire shop. Shout out to RMATV on their customer service. I am out a bottle of TIreject, but that is small beans compared to a compromised sidewall.
Just buy ITP tires, on my second set, no flats.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!