P1000 Pioneer 1000-5 Brake Fluid Capacity

yooperjj

yooperjj

Jan 19, 2018
Lowell, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I need to change the brake fluid (required every two years) to stay within the good graces of my extended warranty. I could not find any information on the capacity of the brake fluid system. Anyone know the fluid capacity of the brake system??

WilliamRamey

WilliamRamey

Nov 7, 2019
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need this info for a P1K5 also, changing to a high performance (higher boiling point) brake fluid after a close call with vapor-lock brake failure. Brake performance went from normal to NO BRAKES instantly. Lifted my foot off the pedal and had nothing on my next stroke. Admittedly an extreme situation....very steep, long grade, fully loaded, too slow for any useful engine braking because of trail conditions I won't be forgetting the sound of that brake pedal clanging as it bottomed out. Brake fluid vaporization is real.....no more discount brake fluid in my ride. Brake fluid comparisons.

D

Debach9231

Sep 23, 2018
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
did you ever figure out how much brake fluid you needed for the full change out?

WilliamRamey

WilliamRamey

Nov 7, 2019
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
flushed something over 500ml thru the reservoir and lines. Hopefully got the old fluid out, hard to be sure.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!