P1000 Pioneer 1000-5 shifting problems

C

Cutter

Oct 16, 2021
Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi everyone. I am having issues with my low mileage 2017 Pioneer 1000-5. Starts up and drives well at first. When I come to a stop and put it in park and then into H gear again it will not shift up.....it will remain in 1st gear and high rev. Occasionally with the shifter in R the light display will read R but the computer display will say 1.....but it will still go into reverse. If I put the shifter in L gear the computer display will read H and when I accelerate it will shift as it is in H gear (even though the shifter is in L gear)....once I get up to speed it will suddenly jump into low gear. I took some video. My dealer is stumped. I live very far away....over 3 hours from another dealer. Any thoughts?

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My first thought is to check the adjustment of your shift cable.

When you put it in neutral, your shifter should sit squarely in the "N" position, and should have at least 2mm of free play up and down in that place.

Take a look at that. Page 12-29 of the service manual addresses adjusting it.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
☝️ ☝️☝️THIS☝️☝️☝️

and….
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! 🤣

Reactions: Lady01
C

Cutter

Oct 16, 2021
Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My first thought is to check the adjustment of your shift cable.

When you put it in neutral, your shifter should sit squarely in the "N" position, and should have at least 2mm of free play up and down in that place.

Take a look at that. Page 12-29 of the service manual addresses adjusting it.
Thank you. It's currently still in the shop....They asked for the video and said they would send it to Honda.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ah, I didn't realize it was at the dealer. I'm sure they'll figure it out with Honda factory help.

C

Cutter

Oct 16, 2021
Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
They figured it out with Honda help.....but no one was able to enlighten my as to what they actually had to do. Test drove it.....no issues. No charge as well as there were some recalls to do.
I will talk to the tech and let you all know what was up. thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!