P1000 Pioneer 1000-5 Trail Edition and Talon Tires and Wheels

ARDilbert

ARDilbert

Jul 4, 2022
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had a buddy gift me a set of factory Talon wheels and tires due to upgrading the ones on his Talon. I searched the forums and saw where a few Pioneer owners said that they would work without a lift kit or spaces. Thought I would give it a try since I’ve been wanting to gain a few inches in clearance anyway. They seemed to fit fine and do not rub on level ground. At full turn on level ground I have about a half inch of clearance on the inside of the front tires and fender well. The factory Pioneer 27”x9”x14” (front) and 27”x11x14” (rear) just didn’t seem to provide enough lift for me. The Talon wheels and tires added a little over 1” in the front and about 2.5” in the rear. The factory Talon tires and wheel sizes are 28”x9”x15” (front) and 28”x11”x15” (rear). Another thing I like about the Talon wheels is that they are a standard 3/4” lug that you can use a 4-way on and not have to have that flimsy Honda only lug adaptor socket. I guess if you are worried about people steeling your wheels that might be nice but having to change a flat and not being able to fit a socket, 4-way, or anything other than the Honda adaptor socket really sucks. I like the looks of my Pioneer wheels but I think the Talon wheels and tires will be more functional for me.

Oh, almost forgot. The dirty ones are the Talon wheels and tires. My buddy’s 2022 Forest Edition is in the foreground in one of the photos.

8B77B033 37C6 48DB BED7 4503552B56E2 51218384 8FF9 40BA 912C 0D8A912EB997 249EB345 07AE 44A8 A4D0 8C68B2052D13

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!