P1000 Pioneer 1000 blink code 61

E

Ejm413

Feb 6, 2018
Nh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Transmission won't shift, reads 1 in H,L,R. Getting blink code 6-1. If anyone has info on this code I would greatly appreciate it.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Transmission won't shift, reads 1 in H,L,R. Getting blink code 6-1. If anyone has info on this code I would greatly appreciate it.
Don't see a 6-1 or 61. 1 long blink is equal to 10. 1 fast blink is equal to 1. 6 long, 1 fast would be 61.

E

Ejm413

Feb 6, 2018
Nh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 6 long blinks. Thought it was 1 quick blink. But maybe it was 2. I will have to double check. What is the description for 62

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
62-1

No.1 or No.2 clutch oil pressure high.
No.1 or No.2 clutch EOP sensor malfunction
Faulty clutch oil circuit

Symptom/Fail-safe Function:
Gearshift function does not work

Page:
11-36

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
OTC 62-1 (No.1 or No.2 CLUTCH OIL
PRESSURE HIGH)
1. OTC Check
Check the OTC with the MCS.
Is DTC 47-1, 47-2, 48-1 or 48-2 indicated?
YES - OTC 47-1 or OTC 48-1 is indicated
(page 11-30).
OTC 47-2 or OTC 48-2 is indicated
(page 11-32).
NO - GO TO STEP 2.
2. Clutch EOP Sensor Inspection
Replace the No.1 and No.2 EOP sensors with
known good ones (page 11-56).
Erase the DTCs (page 11-9).
Test-ride the motorcycle and stop the engine.
Is DTC 62-1 indicated?
YES - GO TO STEP 3.
NO - Faulty original clutch EOP sensors
3. PCM Inspection
Replace the PCM with a known good one (page 4-
36).
Is DTC 62-1 indicated?
YES - • Faulty linear solenoid valve
• Clogged clutch oil lines
NO - Faulty original PCM

E

Ejm413

Feb 6, 2018
Nh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OTC 62-1 (No.1 or No.2 CLUTCH OIL
PRESSURE HIGH)
1. OTC Check
Is DTC 47-1, 47-2, 48-1 or 48-2 indicated?
YES - OTC 47-1 or OTC 48-1 is indicated
(page 11-30).
OTC 47-2 or OTC 48-2 is indicated
(page 11-32).
NO - GO TO STEP 2.
2. Clutch EOP Sensor Inspection
Replace the No.1 and No.2 EOP sensors with
known good ones (page 11-56).
Erase the DTCs (page 11-9).
Is DTC 62-1 indicated?
YES - GO TO STEP 3.
NO - Faulty original clutch EOP sensors
3. PCM Inspection
Replace the PCM with a known good one (page 4-
36).
Is DTC 62-1 indicated?
YES - • Faulty linear solenoid valve
• Clogged clutch oil lines
NO - Faulty original PCM

E

Ejm413

Feb 6, 2018
Nh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok thanks for the quick reply. I will confirm the code tonight and go from there . Thanks

Reactions: sharp
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ok thanks for the quick reply. I will confirm the code tonight and go from there . Thanks
Any follow up on this. I think I’ve got a code 62 flashing and it won’t shift out of first!

Reactions: sharp and Eltobgi
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If no service has been done lately, check all connections around the engine you can reach.
Thank you, in the morning light I’ll be looking all over for that. I also found in an old thread that another member had the same problem, wouldn’t shift out of first, and had a loping idle. That’s what mines doing. His was the neutral indicator switch not making contact. In the same thread another member with the same problem found the wire to his neutral indicator switch was eaten in two by a rat!!! I did find a rats nest under the hood when I opened it. :eek::eek::eek:

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you, in the morning light I’ll be looking all over for that. I also found in an old thread that another member had the same problem, wouldn’t shift out of first, and had a loping idle. That’s what mines doing. His was the neutral indicator switch not making contact. In the same thread another member with the same problem found the wire to his neutral indicator switch was eaten in two by a rat!!! I did find a rats nest under the hood when I opened it. :eek::eek::eek:
Sounds like you know where to start looking......
You are a lifetime member, so you have access to the service manual.

Reactions: sharp and Eltobgi
M

Mjack138

May 26, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Can you guys give let me know your outcome on this? I have mine at the dealership for the same reason and they aren’t able to figure out the issue. The thing randomly will not shift and I’m getting the 62-1 code (common denominator is moisture). Just was left stranded in the middle of Hollerwood off-road park in Kentucky this weekend.

M

Mjack138

May 26, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Background to my P1k5 is I just had the whole motor rebuilt & new clutches installed due to water ingestion from hitting a large 8 inch deep whole going too fast before I had my snorkel. To go along with the blown motor it was doing this. So ~$6k later this thing is still will randomly decide it’s not going into gear and sometimes will give the 62-1 code. This last time it was raining, I had just went through a whole, nothing deep & was going slow and then it kicked out of gear. I turned it off and restarted ITV and it wouldn’t go into gear with 62-1 code. After it was towed back to my cabin, I went riding with My buddy on his P1k5, 2 hours later I came back and it operated perfectly. The dealership said in 4-5 hours today they were only able to get it to happen one time and weren’t able to identify the problem, the service manger called and told me they don’t know what to do....SMH

Last edited:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Background to my P1k5 is I just had the whole motor rebuilt & new clutches installed due to water ingestion from hitting a large 8 inch deep whole going too fast before I had my snorkel. To go along with the blown motor it was doing this. So ~$6k later this thing is still will randomly decide it’s not going into gear and sometimes will give the 62-1 code. This last time it was raining, I had just went through a whole, nothing deep & was going slow and then it kicked out of gear. I turned it off and restarted ITV and it wouldn’t go into gear with 62-1 code. After it was towed back to my cabin, I went riding with My buddy on his P1k5, 2 hours later I came back and it operated perfectly. The dealership said in 4-5 hours today they were only able to get it to happen one time and weren’t able to identify the problem, the service manger called and told me they don’t know what to do....SMH
Have you done the troubleshooting in the manual for that code? There is a screw you can tighten by the clutch to lock it in 2nd gear if there is a problem. Dont know if it works while that code is thrown but worth a try if your without anyone to tow you.

Reactions: Mjack138
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
The code is either a bad engine oil pressure sensor, there are 2 of them, a bad pcm or a bad linear solenoid valve.

Reactions: Vwk78 and Mjack138
M

Mjack138

May 26, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Thanks. I have the service manual & looked this up and really thought they’d be able to complete the diagnosis . I don’t have those parts at my disposal & it seems they aren’t able to to complete it without me buying all the parts. I’m so frustrated with this thing, it’s been nothing but trouble & $$$$ pit. I wish my insurance company would have totaled it out. I’ve looked all over online and I’ve found several others posting about this problem, but no one follows up on how they fixed it.

M

Mjack138

May 26, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Also, I don’t have the emergency valve procedure, if anyone could post it that’d be appreciated. I have the service manual, not the owner’s manual.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Also, I don’t have the emergency valve procedure, if anyone could post it that’d be appreciated. I have the service manual, not the owner’s manual.
Take the bolt and lock tab off and screw the big flat head all the way in.

M

Mjack138

May 26, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Thanks, the service manager called and said they have another idea of what be causing the issue , we’ll see what happens

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!