P1000 Pioneer 1000 low-end power

F

Forbes

Jun 14, 2020
Carriere MS 39426
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys sorry I know this has been a topic on here for a while but I haven't found the answer I'm looking for yet so I figured I would just ask. I bought a p1k5 put a 6 inch lift on and running 33 bkts went ridding this past weekend to just see what it would do and it does fine in 2wd but it will not turn them in a rut in 4wd

Last edited:
Reactions: Isaiah
F

Forbes

Jun 14, 2020
Carriere MS 39426
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love everything about the bike i just want to know what I can do to get more torque out of it to turn the tires in low range before something happens to it

0608201539 0608201539a

D

DDDonkey

Look at getting a tune, igr, or portals. I have the silber turbo tune and it helps in the low end, but there are other tunes available. The only real way to recover lost power is the regear with irg or portals.

Here is mine 35’s and a 30% gear reduction.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Im not sure which igr it is but there is a guy running the satv 6 inch with 32 motohavoks with 25% igr and he turns them just fine his speedo is only slightly off. If you go that route you can actually be a little faster on the trails than with portals. But if i was going portals on a 1000 id go 6 inch with 45% and run 37s.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Isaiah and Forbes
F

Forbes

Jun 14, 2020
Carriere MS 39426
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice bike man appreciate the info with the gear reduction how does it ride as far as top speed and can u still run the tranny in auto or do u have to run manual shift

F

Forbes

Jun 14, 2020
Carriere MS 39426
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im not sure which igr it is but there is a guy running the satv 6 inch with 32 motohavoks with 25% igr and he turns them just fine his speedo is only slightly off. If you go that route you can actually be a little faster on the trails than with portals. But if i was going portals on a 1000 id go 6 inch with 45% and run 37s.

Thanks yea I'll probably go with the igr and keep what I got i don't ride as hard I as I used to lol just something to go play every now n then to get the wife n me out the house

D

DDDonkey

Nice bike man appreciate the info with the gear reduction how does it ride as far as top speed and can u still run the tranny in auto or do u have to run manual shift
Mine rides great, my top speed is 59 mph but that is plenty for me. I went with portals because I did not want to get into the engine/trans so my shifting is stock.

Reactions: Isaiah and Forbes
Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine rides great, my top speed is 59 mph but that is plenty for me. I went with portals because I did not want to get into the engine/trans so my shifting is stock.
A bit off topic, but now that we are into summer riding, has the Silber tune made a difference in cab temperat for your buggy?

D

DDDonkey

No not at all, I do hear the fan kick in more often (I asked to have them come on at a low temperature). I need to do a long term review, but I have had no issues with the tune at all. The pioneer has not passed 2 bars on the temp gauge either in riding any where from sea level to 7k feet in the last 400 miles.

To be far I never had a heat issue in the cab but that could just be me. The only time I get hot is slow moving with the windshield on in the summer, I just run the half shield anyway and that helps with the dust.

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No not at all, I do hear the fan kick in more often (I asked to have them come on at a low temperature). I need to do a long term review, but I have had no issues with the tune at all. The pioneer has not passed 2 bars on the temp gauge either in riding any where from sea level to 7k feet in the last 400 miles.

To be far I never had a heat issue in the cab but that could just be me. The only time I get hot is slow moving with the windshield on in the summer, I just run the half shield anyway and that helps with the dust.
My butt gets hot, even with the DEI heat shield in place. I didn’t want to do a bilge fan, so I might consider a tune if that would cool my butt down. It’s that or do a pipe wrap or both.

D

DDDonkey

I can’t guarantee the tune will stop your butt from getting hot. It’s not a big deal to me so you may want to try to rap in the bilge pump first to be honest.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
My butt gets hot, even with the DEI heat shield in place. I didn’t want to do a bilge fan, so I might consider a tune if that would cool my butt down. It’s that or do a pipe wrap or both.
I don't think anyone who has done the pipe wrap has seen any benefit.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good to know. Looks like a tune or a bilge fan is in order. I’m leaning toward a tune.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look at getting a tune, igr, or portals. I have the silber turbo tune and it helps in the low end, but there are other tunes available. The only real way to recover lost power is the regear with irg or portals.

Here is mine 35’s and a 30% gear reduction.
^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

F

Forbes

Jun 14, 2020
Carriere MS 39426
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Who all is out there that does the igr on the bikes only one iv found is reduction boss are there any other options

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope Reduction Boss is it and yes they have to modify your trans case for it to work. I went portals and tune. Haven’t found anything I can’t either spin the tires in or get traction and climb out of. 4” 30% portals and PV3 with Morris tune.

Also didn’t like the shifting issue IGR causes

C7EE88AD FF79 4AE8 AFD6 F14A00488858

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

IGR is closer to 21% and running 32’s effective gearing will be about 3% lower than stock.

Reactions: TripleB
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope Reduction Boss is it and yes they have to modify your trans case for it to work. I went portals and tune. Haven’t found anything I can’t either spin the tires in or get traction and climb out of. 4” 30% portals and PV3 with Morris tune.

Also didn’t like the shifting issue IGR causes

View attachment 208562

if you are doing a tune use a Talon ECU with IGR solves shifting issues and you can remove the torque management. Then you don’t need to rebuild/change oil in portals, don’t have steering issues or ball joint problems associated with larger tires with the additional forces the portals put on the suspension.

IF you’re in the mud all the time portals are fine but other than that look at IGR and a Talon ECU

Reactions: TripleB