BOX1

P1000 Pioneer 1000 snorkel

H

HogHunter

Dec 25, 2015
If you have a Pioneer 1000 I recommend you put a Snorkel on it before you take it out. The intake is in the front by the radiator so putting a snorkel on it is a must. Here is some pics of what I came up with. I added a Polaris 1000 filter to the 2.5 inch tubing having the stock air filter and the extra filter works awesome. I tested the performance before and after and it picked up a little power on the top end with the snorkel coming out and up eliminating the stock ducting to the front. total cost was 36 dollars in tubing and 38 dollars for the Polaris air filter. I used the stock 90 coming out of the air box and connected the tubing with thin wall exhaust tip, Still retains a quiet intake. I also put a notch in the hook latches on both sides after the bed opened on a rough area. I realized the bar touches the 2.5 inch tubing just a little and was just enough to prevent the latch from fully latching. I fixed this by using a round file and putting a notch at the tip of the hooks on both sides. after my last 2 day hunting trip the latch worked perfect and the snorkel protected the engine from water as expected.
I Also Siliconed the air box. The gasket was off the grove in one area from the factory and the decision to silicone it after correcting the gasket guaranteed no water. Having the Polaris air filter at the top of the snorkel makes changing the stock air filter much longer intervals. My overall review of the Honda 1000 is with the addition of the snorkel the Honda is the only UTV / crossover sport machine out there having plenty of power. Having the fold up back seats means it can be used for utility and sport fun with the family. Honda hit it out of the park, they just need a stock snorkel from the factory and this is the only machine that can do both jobs. Come on Honda factory snorkel it, set the bar even higher.

20151219 172159 20151219 172506 20151218 151704 20151218 152326 9679

Last edited:
X4Dice

X4Dice

Jun 3, 2016
USA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
If you have a Pioneer 1000 I recommend you put a Snorkel on it before you take it out. The intake is in the front by the radiator so putting a snorkel on it is a must. Here is some pics of what I came up with. I added a Polaris 1000 filter to the 2.5 inch tubing having the stock air filter and the extra filter works awesome. I tested the performance before and after and it picked up a little power on the top end with the snorkel coming out and up eliminating the stock ducting to the front. total cost was 36 dollars in tubing and 38 dollars for the Polaris air filter. I used the stock 90 coming out of the air box and connected the tubing with thin wall exhaust tip, Still retains a quiet intake. I also put a notch in the hook latches on both sides after the bed opened on a rough area. I realized the bar touches the 2.5 inch tubing just a little and was just enough to prevent the latch from fully latching. I fixed this by using a round file and putting a notch at the tip of the hooks on both sides. after my last 2 day hunting trip the latch worked perfect and the snorkel protected the engine from water as expected.
I Also Siliconed the air box. The gasket was off the grove in one area from the factory and the decision to silicone it after correcting the gasket guaranteed no water. Having the Polaris air filter at the top of the snorkel makes changing the stock air filter much longer intervals. My overall review of the Honda 1000 is with the addition of the snorkel the Honda is the only UTV / crossover sport machine out there having plenty of power. Having the fold up back seats means it can be used for utility and sport fun with the family. Honda hit it out of the park, they just need a stock snorkel from the factory and this is the only machine that can do both jobs. Come on Honda factory snorkel it, set the bar even higher.

View attachment 8313 View attachment 8314 View attachment 8315 View attachment 8316 View attachment 8317
How is your snorkel been after more time using it? Where did you get your pipe at? Thanks

Reactions: pct and truc577
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Curious what tubing was used for this and how its holding up

C

claay

Aug 6, 2017
timmins
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love it simple do you have snow at your end and if so I was wondering whit the back draft if it would suck in all that water and freeze up on you I'm getting the cabin put on and thinking of your set up but going inside the cab.

Reactions: Gohonda2 and pct
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd rather not listen to the intake noise in the cab.

Reactions: Dragon21
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'd rather not listen to the intake noise in the cab.

I wanted the snorkel in the cab, however this was a concern of mine as well. My 700-4 I had in the cab and it was louder than i liked

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!