P1000 Pioneer 1000 won't move

T

Teresa

Dec 12, 2015
We were on a bumble yesterday and my husband noticed that the sxs would not shift down. Then once our speed dropped the sxs stalled. The first time this happen, shortly after it started up and we continued on. The second time... it took much longer to get mobile. The third time we were stranded.
It shows in 5th gear. Then it shows a - instead of the gear. And now we are showing 6th gear and can't get it into 1st or even reverse.
Any one have any ideas?

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
T

Teresa

Dec 12, 2015
We were on a bumble yesterday and my husband noticed that the sxs would not shift down. Then once our speed dropped the sxs stalled. The first time this happen, shortly after it started up and we continued on. The second time... it took much longer to get mobile. The third time we were stranded.
It shows in 5th gear. Then it shows a - instead of the gear. And now we are showing 6th gear and can't get it into 1st or even reverse.
Any one have any ideas?
I might add we have over 18000 km's on it, and this is the first problem ever

Reactions: TripleB and Lady01
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I assume you've pulled the engine-transmission oil dipsticks and checked oil levels?

Has any recent work, installations, or maintenance been done prior to your ride?

Was the Pioneer run in deep water or mud?

If none of the above apply I think a trip to a Honda dealer or other mechanic will be required.

One or both of the clutches may be worn and failed. Possibly the electronic components that control the clutches could have failed.

The DCT transmission is best understood if you think of it as two small transmissions side by side or one above the other. One contains gears 1-3-5 and the other contains gears 2-4-6. Each mini-transmission is selected and activated by a computer-controlled clutch as needed.

From a stop, clutch #1 engages gear #1 to start the buggy rolling, While in gear #1 clutch #2 rests while the computer readies gear#2. At the appropriate speed the engine computer releases clutch #1 and engages clutch #2. While in gear #2 clutch #1 rests while the computer lines up gear#3. And so it goes as speed increases.

Reactions: Lady01
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I have just over 14500 klms on mine. Had a problem like you did. You can pull the shift motor off and take it apart and clean it up. The armature on mine was black from carbon build up.I cleaned the armature up and it worked fine afterwards. I did end up buying a new after market shift motor and installed it. Many people have the same issues with there shift motors doing the same thing as what you decribe. The shift motor is on the rear of the motor just arounthe exhaust pipe. It looks like a small starter motor read the following link for in my next post.

Last edited:
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!