BOX1

P1000 Pioneer 1k eps wont shift!

S

slinky750

Dec 1, 2018
Rouses Point NY
Went to do some trail work today and it wont shift out of 1st. It wont select between manual/at/sport..and it when I did get it to shift to 4wd it now won't come out! Only about 280 miles on it. Anyone have any ideas? I used it earlier in the week with no issues.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Went to do some trail work today and it wont shift out of 1st. It wont select between manual/at/sport..and it when I did get it to shift to 4wd it now won't come out! Only about 280 miles on it. Anyone have any ideas? I used it earlier in the week with no issues.

What year is it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If it's not going in and out of 4wd it's likely just a simple cable adjustment in the black box behind the driver seat.

The shifting issue could be a progaming problem. I'm not an expert on that but I'll tag a few that could help.

@ohanacreek @Neohio

Reactions: BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m not able to get to my electronic copy of service manual, when I get home I’ll shoot you some pages showing adjustments.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

It's under warranty back to the dealer

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

S

slinky750

Dec 1, 2018
Rouses Point NY
I'm probably going to just run it to the dealer, but if there was something quick I should look for I would.
Thanks for the help

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm probably going to just run it to the dealer, but if there was something quick I should look for I would.
Thanks for the help

Yea I'm not sure what up I'm guessing they will reprogram the transmission

S

slinky750

Dec 1, 2018
Rouses Point NY
I was told it was a "tip over" switch issue. They replaced it and cleared the codes. I put 500 miles on it this weekend with no issues.

H

HondaTech

I was told it was a "tip over" switch issue. They replaced it and cleared the codes. I put 500 miles on it this weekend with no issues.

Theres no such thing in any Pioneer that I'm aware of. Wouldnt cause a code to trigger anyway if it did. All the bank angle sensors (tip over switch) do is shut the fuel and ignition off.

S

slinky750

Dec 1, 2018
Rouses Point NY
Theres no such thing in any Pioneer that I'm aware of. Wouldnt cause a code to trigger anyway if it did. All the bank angle sensors (tip over switch) do is shut the fuel and ignition off.
like i said...thats what i was told.. I don't think they really knew what was up, just cleared codes.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!