P500 Pioneer 500 Clutch Adjustment (Video)

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for posting that Piston. I'm not having any problems with mine but it's good to know that info is out there. Sounded like it was shifting real smooth. What's the hanging yellow wire for?

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

Tachometer. I installed the tach wire from above the seat and it looked nice and tucked away from up there.

Reactions: trigger
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
The book doesn't say, but should the engine be warmed? As opposed to a cold engine in the morning.

Reactions: Arizona and Mudder
D

Deleted member 3748

That is better than any Steven Spielberg produced movies and right up there with John Hendricks documentaries, thanks for the post.
LOL! Thanks, @Alan !

D

Deleted member 3748

The book doesn't say, but should the engine be warmed? As opposed to a cold engine in the morning.
That's a good question @oldfortyfive . Maybe that's why some people go 1/4 turn and some go 1/3 or 1/2. Mine was cold-ish. There's also going to be some variation when determining resistance. I stopped turning counter-clockwise when I felt slight resistance.

Reactions: Arizona
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for posting that Piston. I'm not having any problems with mine but it's good to know that info is out there. Sounded like it was shifting real smooth. What's the hanging yellow wire for?

You are the man @PistonHonda ! Never had any problems with mine until today and I remembered this thread. It stuck in 5th today and I had to turn around, started from a dead stop in fifth and got back to the trail head. Needed a push to help it on the trailer, towed it home, power washed it on the trailer, then it eventually downshifted for me and I backed it in the garage.
I'll try this adjustment tomorrow morning.

D

Deleted member 3748

You are the man @PistonHonda ! Never had any problems with mine until today and I remembered this thread. It stuck in 5th today and I had to turn around, started from a dead stop in fifth and got back to the trail head. Needed a push to help it on the trailer, towed it home, power washed it on the trailer, then it eventually downshifted for me and I backed it in the garage.
I'll try this adjustment tomorrow morning.
I hope that fixes it for you. If not, it's probably one of the other simple fixes posted here on the forum.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!