R

Recarga

Jan 3, 2021
Dallas Tx
Ownership

1. 500
Hello

I’m new to the forum,

Because of expensive repairs and break downs I decided to sell both my UTVS ( Yamaha and Polaris)

I own a small place in south Texas and occasionally do some trail riding medium mud in Arkansas.
I really don’t care about speed hardly ever gone over 30mph

I have two questions
The main one is I am getting to be 45 and I am big ( fluffy) not tall just fat, my best is 280#
Will the pioneer be too small for comfort? I don’t go for long rides.
Also does it do ok for ranch work ? Pulling a small trailer?

Thank you I probably should be thinking about getting me a bike instead and eat less tacos.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello

I’m new to the forum,

Because of expensive repairs and break downs I decided to sell both my UTVS ( Yamaha and Polaris)

I own a small place in south Texas and occasionally do some trail riding medium mud in Arkansas.

I have two questions
The main one is I am getting to be 45 and I am big ( fluffy) not tall just fat, my best is 280#

Thank you I probably should be thinking about getting me a bike instead and eat less tacos.
As a self-proclaimed #Fatsquatch myself 5'8" & probably closing in on 300 these days... you'll fit just fine. The P5's are geared lowed so pulling a trailer around isn't an issue either.

R

rheaslip

Sep 18, 2020
Canada
Not sure you said your height. At 6’3”, I wouldn’t want to be an inch taller, in particular w.r.t knee room. And getting in/out is a bit more work then my old p700. So I would say weight shouldn’t be as much a concern as height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy from Oklahoma and welcome to the forum. I agree with the other answers. I am 6'1", and would not want to be any taller either. On the upside, the P500 is geared low enought that it wiil haul you and as many "fluffy" hot chicks as you can get in or on it, plus a few extra in the trailer. ;)

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Last edited:
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
As @SILVER_ALERT said, Upgrade to a 2" receiver and the install link is very well written.
When I upgraded to a 2" receiver, I couldn't find a supplier with the Moose hitch in stock so I went with MFG Supply
I'm not knocking the Moose brand, just offering an alternative if on backorder.

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
I'm 6'-1" and 280lbs and I fit just fine in mine. I've pulled my 2-horse -horse trailer around the farm (empty) with no complaints form the P500 at all. Otherwise, it is usually 3 to 4 - 50lbs sacks of feed on the back. Does great for trail riding as well.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Hello

I’m new to the forum,

I have two questions

Pioneer 500 is not comfortable no matter the weight . There aren't many SXSs that are . Go set it one . If it feels ok then go for it . They're great little machines . AT ALL COST DON"T CUT DOWN ON THE TACOS .

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Reactions: J80 and Backwoods
R

Recarga

Jan 3, 2021
Dallas Tx
Ownership

1. 500
Well thank you all for your kind words. I think I am going to pull the plug I’m getting a pretty good deal on one.
I’m 5’-9” my Yamaha Wolverine wasn’t very comfortable either plus it weighed 1,300# so towing it was a bleeder on gas.
Thank I will hopefully pick my little monster this weekend.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well thank you all for your kind words. I think I am going to pull the plug I’m getting a pretty good deal on one.
I’m 5’-9” my Yamaha Wolverine wasn’t very comfortable either plus it weighed 1,300# so towing it was a bleeder on gas.
Thank I will hopefully pick my little monster this weekend.
Post pics when you pick it up.
Red is the fastest color.

#NTC

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Any idea on the fitment of this brand compared to Moose?
Can’t speak to three Moose brand, but I didn’t have any install issues, to me they look identical and install is the same. The link that @SILVER_ALERT posted for install is excellent, and so well written I used it as reference when I installed the MFG Supply receiver. Exact same procedure. I don’t think you would be sorry with either mount. As a side note the way the mount fastens it really beefs up the rear quite a bit.

Reactions: J80 and Backwoods
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm 6'1" and 265-270ish. I found the 500 to be quite comfy, though the ride is pretty bad. Personally, I'd get the new 520 with the dump bed that will help with the chores. It's also said to have an improved ride.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure you said your height. At 6’3”, I wouldn’t want to be an inch taller, in particular w.r.t knee room. And getting in/out is a bit more work then my old p700. So I would say weight shouldn’t be as much a concern as height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m 6’9” and fit fine. Just avoid long all day rides. Otherwise there’s little movement for the left leg.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Clown Car
4D16FDFA 433B 4420 83AF E27B8BDDFF19

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!