P500 Pioneer 500 won’t start

B

Buddy

Oct 22, 2018
Nc
Ownership

1. 500
I have 2015 pioneer that took on some water. Had to remove tank and replaced fuel pump and strainer because of dirt in tank. Cleaned the fuel line and I had the injector cleaned, I have fuel going through the line to the injector but no fuel from the end of injector? Guy was able to get injector to work at Honda shop, but won’t work on machine when I got home and plugged it in?? Is my connector bad that plugs in the injector??
Thanks

• Sad
Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have 2015 pioneer that took on some water. Had to remove tank and replaced fuel pump and strainer because of dirt in tank. Cleaned the fuel line and I had the injector cleaned, I have fuel going through the line to the injector but no fuel from the end of injector? Guy was able to get injector to work at Honda shop, but won’t work on machine when I got home and plugged it in?? Is my connector bad that plugs in the injector??
Thanks
Could be the plug, but could also be no signal being sent to the injector. Do you hear the fuel pump prime or have spark? Could be as simple as a bad relay not sending power to these.

Reactions: Russ989
B

Buddy

Oct 22, 2018
Nc
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, I hear fuel pump coming on. Installed a new plug, could it be the plug that goes into the injector? How can I check this? Thanks

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes, I hear fuel pump coming on. Installed a new plug, could it be the plug that goes into the injector? How can I check this? Thanks
Make sure the pins look tight as though they'd make good contact. If the design allows, You could always pull the injector with the fuel line and connector plugged in and watch for fuel spray. You can also listen for a click from the injector with a stethoscope. Noid light can be used to test for signal at the connector. Or an LED test light might work for this. A regular (incandescent) test light might work as well, but the pulse is sometimes too small to get a good reading with them.

B

Buddy

Oct 22, 2018
Nc
Ownership

1. 500
Ok thanks, I did plug in the injector to see if I had spray. But nothing came out, been messing with this thing for 2 weeks. I will try and test the connector.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Check the plug for spark or check fuses.
The reason I keep saying this is the coil and injector both get power from the eng/inj fuse. So if both are dead, it's probably the fuse or some wiring, OR the PCM isn't seeing engine rotation.

B

Buddy

Oct 22, 2018
Nc
Ownership

1. 500
I now have fuel coming out of injector, but it still won’t start. I have spark on the plug, shot a little fuel in cylinder and it ran for about 3 seconds. How much fuel should be coming from injector?

B

Buddy

Oct 22, 2018
Nc
Ownership

1. 500
I went to the Honda shop yesterday to get a new injector, the guy said he would test mine. Came back and said it was good, it just doesn’t look like it spraying like the one in the video?? Maybe I need a new one?? Thanks

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I went to the Honda shop yesterday to get a new injector, the guy said he would test mine. Came back and said it was good, it just doesn’t look like it spraying like the one in the video?? Maybe I need a new one?? Thanks
Any chance you could get a video?

B

Buddy

Oct 22, 2018
Nc
Ownership

1. 500
Yea, I could take one tomorrow. How do I upload it? Thanks for your help.

B

Buddy

Oct 22, 2018
Nc
Ownership

1. 500
I wasn’t able to get video, been out of town. I did take out the injector and ran some current through connector, shot carburetor cleaner to be sure it was clean. Seems to be spraying better, Still won’t run. I did spray some carb cleaner in throttle body and it would start and run just for a couple minutes. I guess I need to take it to mechanic??

ksp5

ksp5

Oct 26, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 500
Not to ask a dumb question, but..... did you make sure to get all of the old fuel out, tank and lines? Bad fuel could be the source of your problem.

B

Buddy

Oct 22, 2018
Nc
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, I removed all the fuel and cleaned the tank. Also, flushed the line. Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!