P700 Pioneer 700 with Can-Am Commander Shocks

G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
*Edit*

I changed the title of this thread to better describe where it ended up going. Can-Am Commander XT shocks were used front and rear on the P700, Maverick XXC shocks also work on the front and are Fox reservoir.

Original post:

Anyone know if the Pioneer 1000 shocks will fit a p700? I've got a 2015 and still bottom out like crazy front and rear. What other direct bolt on shock options are there that others have tried with good results? I am specifically looking for cheaper options like factory take offs from another model, not looking to spend tons of $$.

Last edited:
G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
Has anyone successfully used rear pioneer 700 shocks on the front?

Reactions: Isaiah
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Anyone know if the 1000 shocks will fit a p700? I've got a 2015 and still bottom out like crazy front and rear. What other direct bolt on shock options are there that others have tried with good results? I am specifically looking for cheaper options like factory take offs from another model, not looking to spend tons of $$.

With suspension components you usually get what you pay for, meaning your ride experience is based on cheap shocks, swapping them for another set of cheap shocks will not ensure a better ride. Here is the only option I know of for the Pioneer 700:

1.5 PODIUM C Honda Pioneer 700 / 700-4 UTV Shock | FOX

G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
I know those options of aftermarket shocks exist I just am not in a position to spend over $1k on shocks when I think they could be had for half that per axle in other options. Maybe not as plush a ride but this is a utility rig after all

Reactions: Waldo62
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
The rzr 900 rear shocks fit on the front of pioneer seems to be good results. I'm wanting to see if the 1000 rear shocks will work on the 700 rear.

Reactions: HuntKy
G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
I am also interested in those self leveling rear shocks for use in the 700!

I have decided instead of waiting to see if Honda got the shocks right in the 1000 to just get the can-am commander front shocks. I decided this route instead of the rzr rears as the commander ones are valved for use in the front suspension and also are a bit longer to hopefully give lift and utilize the longer travel the shock provides. Stock rzr rears are the same or shorter in length than p700 front springs from what I have found. Commanders are just over 20" long and have 10" of travel. There are also heavier spring kits available for them if needed. At $187/pair they are a value compared to the other aftermarket options. I am going to see how much height is gained and if I can keep my strongmade lift.

The 700 rear has a much stronger spring that may be too harsh for the front and again isn't valved for that application.

I still want to know if 1000 shocks can fit the 700 (front and rear) if anyone has access to them to take some measurements?

Looks like I'll have some 2015 progressive front shocks for sale if anyone needs any. Less than 100 miles in and they're coming off!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have the RZR 900 rear shocks and they were over 3 inches too long. They give plenty of lift but I had to make the upper mounting point higher so that at full droop it wouldn't bind the CVs.

B8dc0c2389da337603151bf3e1aba095

405b2c828f5b78558cd03244ce611971

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Has anyone successfully used rear pioneer 700 shocks on the front?
I can't see this working. The rears are shorter so you would have to run a lift just to get back to stock height. Check out the thread "RZR shocks?" By @bagotaco, lots of good info there

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Also something to keep in mind, if you find a shock that is let's say 3" longer than stock, that does NOT equal 3" of lift as @joeymt33 pointed out, it would actually be far more than that! I think the most I'd go on the long side is 1" which would PROBABLY give around 2"+ of lift without fabbing brackets for the top. Although I haven't seen this done without new top brackets, that doesn't mean it can't be done. Perhaps you're on the right track with the commander shocks. Whatever you do be sure to post!

Reactions: sans1
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The shocks are different. I tried to put my Fox shocks from my 700 on the 1000. Height is really close you'd have to crank the spring down with extra weight. The 1000 has more travel because of the a-arms longer NOT really much difference with shocks (I had both side by side) With that said the rear shocks bolts fit how ever you'd need spacers on both sides. Front the eyelets are too small from the 700 shocks and you'd still need spacers. Your problem would be the opposite. Shocks too wide where they mount and front bolts would be sloppy. -----------(However I do have a set of Foxes for the 700 with just under a 1000miles on the I'd let go for a great offer! Wheels and tires too)

G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
The shocks are different. I tried to put my Fox shocks from my 700 on the 1000. Height is really close you'd have to crank the spring down with extra weight. The 1000 has more travel because of the a-arms longer NOT really much difference with shocks (I had both side by side) With that said the rear shocks bolts fit how ever you'd need spacers on both sides. Front the eyelets are too small from the 700 shocks and you'd still need spacers. Your problem would be the opposite. Shocks too wide where they mount and front bolts would be sloppy. -----------(However I do have a set of Foxes for the 700 with just under a 1000miles on the I'd let go for a great offer! Wheels and tires too)

Thank you for all the information! How did you like the fox shocks? Were you able to bottom them out at all?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Let's put it this way I like him well enough that I pulled them from the other machine in serious hopes it would fit my thousand! Best thing you can do on it bar none. They have special valving towards the end that pretty much won't let them bottom out that makes the rig several times safer because of that I flipped my vehicle twice The first time was before fox shocks and that's the reason we got them in the second time I had the vehicle listed and I was going to sell it without them and found out the difference again. Way safer way smoother way everything!if it's the only option you can afford to do do it

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a 2014 p4,with 28s,front shock spacers and the rear shocks turned up..It is ok....Afriend of mine has one too with fox shocks and I heard the price and laughed at him......But after one ride on his I cant believe the difference the fox shocks make.....It rides so smooth that Honda should be ashamed to even call their shocks dual rate..........1200 is a hard pill to swallow.But income return I am getting them.

Reactions: Tflynn
G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
I have a 2014 p4,with 28s,front shock spacers and the rear shocks turned up..It is ok....Afriend of mine has one too with fox shocks and I heard the price and laughed at him......But after one ride on his I cant believe the difference the fox shocks make.....It rides so smooth that Honda should be ashamed to even call their shocks dual rate..........1200 is a hard pill to swallow.But income return I am getting them.

Send CumminsPusher a PM about his shocks. Christmas can always come early!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ya I can't explain how big a difference. Add 10mph to any speed off the bat. They are way safer and the ride! One is old jeep and one is a new Land Rover it's huge. We run the crap out of things and have lots of experience doing so I was being fairly careful my first roll over but was use to Polaris it just went. The next roll we previously had Fox on it but we're in process of selling it and had pulled them off. The factory shocks bottom bad and it sends you over Fox has special valving to help stop that. I didn't adjust enough for for the addition to the stockies. My wife was against me buying them but finally conceded and after she actually apologized thanking me and she started driving it more especially in the rough stuff or at higher speeds she trusted it's reactions 100% more it just didn't do funny stuff. Plus her back didn't hurt after riding in it. The spacers helped some but still an old car shock from factory. I sure as hell wouldn't want that suspension in our dirt bikes! The worst thing on the 700 is the suspension. The 1000 is a lot better but still crappy shocks it just has more travel and weight so you feel it less. Can't wait to go Fox in it! I'll be stupid nice!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Let me get back tonight. I bought two different sets for it and we just sold a set local not positive which one my wife let go

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes I'm in Washington state. The wheels will be a bit.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!