Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That’s a loaded question lol. It’s like when customers ask me how long will my furnace last or when will it die? If I had the exact answers I’d be rich and own my private island in the tropics lol.

All depends on how you ride it as well. A lot of factors go into that and unknowns. but should last a long time if u take care of it with normal ware and tear. Why you ask, do have one? Got any pics?

P

Pioneer500

Jan 12, 2017
Dayton, Nv.
Ownership

1. 500
Just curious. Mine is a 700-2 and am very happy with it. No p/s though. That thing has taken me into some places that I never thought it would go. Very impressed.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Like he said, kinda hard to answer. There have been several that have over 20,000 on them with no issues.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Not exactly following the original question...all the 700's that I've see have a sorta horse shoe shaped pipe welded on the roll bar on each side of the seat and the only reason I can think that it was put there was because lawyers told the engineers/designers to put it there to keep folks from falling out on hard turns. I have realized that I am not as nimble as I used to be and that damn thing is in my way getting into the driver's seat...not so much getting out but I really wish it wasn't there. I have the technology and skill to remove it. Is this something that gets in the way of others or am I the only person that finds this awkward thing sticking out a problem?? Have other less nimble folks removed this thing? In full disclosure...I am not a lawyer nor is it a trick question.

B

Bigseff23

Feb 9, 2020
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think you can swap that bar out for a pre 2017 style, it was shaped different and less intrusive

Reactions: Isaiah
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not exactly following the original question...all the 700's that I've see have a sorta horse shoe shaped pipe welded on the roll bar on each side of the seat and the only reason I can think that it was put there was because lawyers told the engineers/designers to put it there to keep folks from falling out on hard turns. I have realized that I am not as nimble as I used to be and that damn thing is in my way getting into the driver's seat...not so much getting out but I really wish it wasn't there. I have the technology and skill to remove it. Is this something that gets in the way of others or am I the only person that finds this awkward thing sticking out a problem?? Have other less nimble folks removed this thing? In full disclosure...I am not a lawyer nor is it a trick question.
My 2014 is different and I like it much better. Doesn't get in my way. I would cut it off if it was.

20201112 171938

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had a 2014 with the old style. Looking at the new one I picked up back in the summer, I thought it would be a real pain, but honestly, I don't even notice it.
Best bet is to see for yourself.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
That's what I thought in the show room but once I got it home it became a horse of a different color. I've been laying out a switch panel on the dash an d have been getting in and out a lot...I like it better in the present configuration.

Glad it worked out well for you DG!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!