P500 Pioneer Hard roof/after market

scottn57

scottn57

Sep 14, 2013
Buffalo, NY
I ordered this roof as well. Also was not pleased with the build quality. When installed (per instructions) and tightened, it rattles the rollbars so loud its annoying. They only provided 5 clamps to bolt it down. I ordered another box to add to the roof to reduce the rattle. If that doesn't fix it, it will be coming off.
I originally ordered this as well. It rattled way to much, plus it did not mesh up well with the aftermarket vented windshield. I now have the Honda hard roof and it fits much better...

Last edited:
Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I personally ran a piece of black self stick insulation all along the area where the roof mounts against the roll bar and that took care of all my noise. It is not a fancy roof but we ride in the trees and it has caught on limbs several times and is no worse for the wear.

scottp500

scottp500

Jun 24, 2015
I personally ran a piece of black self stick insulation all along the area where the roof mounts against the roll bar and that took care of all my noise. It is not a fancy roof but we ride in the trees and it has caught on limbs several times and is no worse for the wear.
I used the insulation too. Worked great and no rattles. Banged the roof off a few trees and no damage.

Reactions: Buryit
Leep

Leep

Jul 17, 2019
Sacramento
Ownership

1. 500
Just wondering how the Moose roof is holding up and if it works with a windshield
Thanks
It is a big piece of thick plastic. Does the job but not much style and the hardware is basic. I like it and it does the job but would of liked more of a custom fit

1E6AE7A6 D965 4A9B B762 58B8F8786B12 7251F2AC ACDF 4442 A6D6 6EE67B06BBC0

Reactions: 500oneer
Leep

Leep

Jul 17, 2019
Sacramento
Ownership

1. 500
It is a big piece of thick plastic. Does the job but not much style and the hardware is basic. I like it and it does the job but would of liked more of a custom fit

View attachment 156309 View attachment 156313
Also added moose half windshield. Again basic hardware and you can access the hood. It works if your less than 6’ tall. You get what you pay for but I wish I would of done a folding windshield

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!