HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
My P1K3 loaded on the Big Tex 35SA for a trip to the dealer tomorrow for service. We have to be in Mineral Wells, WV (150 miles) by 9 am when the dealer opens.

The Pioneer is a 2021 1000 base model with Honda two piece windshield, hard roof, fabric upper doors, and hard cab back pane. Also has Deluxe wheels & tires, Honda rear bumper, Inferno heater, interior floor mat under dash accessory tray, drink holders on doors, and bed mat,.

It is street legal, inspected, and licensed. Drive it 99% on pavement.

The trailer is a 2021 Big Tex 35SA 12' utility trailer.

IMG 1814 IMG 1815 IMG 1816 IMG 1817 IMG 1818

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just to stop sway I put a 3,300# strap thru the floor area (bottom of doors) and tighten it down. This stops all jumping on the trailer. Once tight, then attach other straps as in your picture. My biggest concern is the 2 piece windshield. Have seen these in pieces on the highway. Guess they can't handle the 65 mph wind and gusts from semi's.

Reactions: Lady01
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I've trailered my Pioneer nose forward @ 65mph to the dealer and back home, 300 miles, once before. Had no problems with the windshield. I decided to back it on the trailer this time.

I don't expect any problems.

lomax

lomax

Apr 28, 2021
Denver Colorado
I do not know this for sure, but have heard, you should trailer with the machine facing forward so the windshield does not blow out. As I said I know nothing but what I have heard on several occasions. Let us know how you fare as this might be a great learning experience for everyone.

I have also ordered up those exact doors for mine and DO KNOW Honda does not recommend towing with the doors on. You might want to remove them first. Again what I have read.

Lucky larue

Lucky larue

Apr 25, 2021
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2 pc windshield. I just fold it down has Velcro straps to hold top half down. Same trailer. But installed e-track system. That way no load on suspension. Strap on each wheel. No movement at 80-85 yes I did test that.

5AB9BFDE 012D 467F A770 5191AA70439B

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I can see the possibility of "blowing out" a windshield by trailering with buggy pointed backward if it's an open cab. I think it's very unlikely with top, rear cab panel, and door uppers.

I'll report my experiences after the trip.

Reactions: Lady01 and Wellzy
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
We're back at home this evening after a day trip to Lemon & Barrett's Powersports in Mineral Wells, WV, a Honda store. As the photos above showed I towed the buggy on the trailer facing backward this morning and nose first this afternoon. Had no negative experiences either way. The windshield, top, doors, and rear cab panel were fine either way.

It's an excellent dealership, by the way, but like other Honda stores, they currently have a very limited inventory. The store has an excellent service department that I recommend to anyone needing Honda, Yamaha, Can-Am, or Polaris products.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!