Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, that was a little dramatic, sorry. It had to be catchy. Here's what I'm after. no more than 4 brave souls that have approximately 2-3 weeks of vacation time available the beginning of June 2018, a reasonable amount of disposable income and slightly lower than average sense of self preservation.

Here is the details

1. This is a roughly 2,000 mile ride beginning in western Wisconsin, exact location TBA going to Christmas Hills campground in St. Marie's, Idaho.
2. There will be a good mix of dirt roads, atv trails, blacktop, and even a run through Yellowstone national park.
3. This will be a camping trip as well, with planned hotel stops every 2-3 days for laundry, showers etc. However I hope to make it to a campground nearly daily for at least a shower.
4. Unfortunately due to the time and sheer amount of miles to be covered, a machine capable of keeping a fairly steady 50+ mph pace at times is necessary, so I don't know if 700's can do that or not? Any input appreciated. 500's are definitely not going to cut it this trip.
5. Must be self sufficient, sleeping quarters, food, fuel, cash, etc. Of course we are all friends and will have tools to share if needed, but plan to pull your own weight.
6. And most importantly, you're going to need to have some brass to make Ben Wa jealous. This is not a trip for little girls. It's all fun and games until you get the whiny guy who forgot his gold Bond powder.

So, who is in? Due to trip mapping and lodging consideration I'd like to have a firm commitment within the next few weeks. I know I have several months of planning ahead including another trip before then.

IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
While I may have a 1000 by then I certainly won't have enough vacation.....

I am curious how you are going to keep from getting ticketed when you have to hit the blacktop. Idaho allows atvs on all roads except highways and freeways but not all states are so friendly.

If you do pull it off I just might find myself in Christmas Hills upon your arrival ;)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
So r u thinking something like this...
IMG 5723
If not let see your mapo_O notice the blue dot...that's me:cool:

Last edited:
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So r u thinking my something like this...
View attachment 27598
If not let see your mapo_O notice the blue dot...that's me:cool:
My map isnt entirely on paper yet, but it will cross MN into SD, then across WY into MT theñ finally to Idaho. By registering in either SD or Arizona, you would be legal in all states except Wisconsin, but we will be following atv trails and routes from there into MN.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I am curious how you are going to keep from getting ticketed when you have to hit the blacktop. Idaho allows atvs on all roads except highways and freeways but not all states are so friendly.

If you do pull it off I just might find myself in Christmas Hills upon your arrival ;)
No if, I will pull it off, so see ya there! @CumminsPusher you're gonna need to find a whole pig to smoke we are gonna be Rollin in deep!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, so far

1. Moparornocar and Snowflake
2. Monte and his Pioneer xxx?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

b****en! Hounddog and Oldtrucks too. Maybe @Lynn? @solrus lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
No if, I will pull it off, so see ya there! @CumminsPusher you're gonna need to find a whole pig to smoke we are gonna be Rollin in deep!

Just a pig? We'll think bigger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!