Pioneer SXS 700 dying right after starting

S

shane_pt

Apr 27, 2020
Etna, CA
Ownership

1. 700-2
So my Pioneer is dying shortly after it starts. It definitely sounds and feels like a fuel problem. I have replaced the fuel filter and its not that and from what I can tell none of the injector wires are broke or loose. I work at a faith based non profit ranch pretty far from a dealer and really just don't have the money or time to take it to one to be fixed. I have the bed off and the seat and seat back off so I can get to pretty much everything simply. I also have a lot of experience and have all the tools needed so if someone could just tell me where to look or what to try and replace that would be awesome. I also have another SXS 700 that runs fine so maybe I could switch out parts and try it if you have a suggestion. It is really hard as you can imagine to run a ranch with just two ranch vehicles and now we're down to one. Any help would be super appreciated. You can dm me on Facebook @ Shane Dainauskus or just post on here, Thanks in Advance

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Sounds like you fuel pump sock is plugged. Gas will bleed through the blockage and allow the engine to start, but won't bleed through fast enough to keep up with what the engine burns. Pull the pump and have a look.

Reactions: Backwoods and TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!