BOX1

P700 Pioneer wont move

C

Corybr1

Jul 16, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
everyone, I have a problem. I have a p 700 with 400 miles on it. After sinking it last weekend, it wont move when I put it in gear. I have changed the oil 5 times and it was looking good using cheap 10w 30 oil. So I ran it down to my buddy house and ran it back. It was bogging down at 30mph. I'm sure I put to much oil in it at that point. When I got home, took off the exhaust, cleaned it really well. I changed the oil again (3qts), new oil filter, new air filter. Started it up, sounds like it's switching into gear but wont move when giving throttle. I checked solenoid A and B, A was clogged with dirt. I flushed A and B. I haven't checked the linear solenoid but I will today. Any ideas?? Hopefully I didn't burn my clutch up.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Same thing happened to the wifes old 700. I made a mistake of putting a lift, 30s, stereo, etc, before I put the snorkel on. She got kicked towards the passenger side in a water hole and hydro locked it because it sucked in water from the stock intake. I ended up changing the oil and filter like 10 times. It still kinda slipped even after the 10th oil change. I read something online about a guy that hydro locked his P7 and he kept slipping until he changed his oil with 0w30 oil. I never heard of it, but found it at WalMart and bought some. It instantly fixed it. I changed the oil with 0w30 everytime from that point on. Maybe I coulda went back to Honda oil at some point, but I never did. Give it a shot. Good luck!

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
everyone, I have a problem. I have a p 700 with 400 miles on it. After sinking it last weekend, it wont move when I put it in gear. I have changed the oil 5 times and it was looking good using cheap 10w 30 oil. So I ran it down to my buddy house and ran it back. It was bogging down at 30mph. I'm sure I put to much oil in it at that point. When I got home, took off the exhaust, cleaned it really well. I changed the oil again (3qts), new oil filter, new air filter. Started it up, sounds like it's switching into gear but wont move when giving throttle. I checked solenoid A and B, A was clogged with dirt. I flushed A and B. I haven't checked the linear solenoid but I will today. Any ideas?? Hopefully I didn't burn my clutch up.
Welcome new member!
From the once great State of Michigan!
not sure about P7’s too much as i own a P1K5 but sinking it is not good! Sounds like u have water in it someplace like the sagging itake pipe.

Unspoken gospel around here when u do your first post..
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
WELCOME!

1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
You stated you put 3 quarts in it. Should be 3.7 or a little more. Check it correct way and if its at top of full mark you should get some movement unless that wasn't the issue.

C

Corybr1

Jul 16, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
So update on my Honda and more questions. I had the buggy jacked up off the ground in the rear and let it sit in idle for 25 mins, then it started to smoke like a train. Its leaking oil to the exhaust but now the clutch seem to be working. I made sure that the oil level was good, then test the clutch, it catches immediately.

Why would it smoke like that. I checked the spark plugs. I have zero oil coming out of the ports there. It idles fine. Zero oil in the air box. It’s worth mentioning that when I was draining it, Stupid me, I had accidentally added way to much oil to it, then ran it down the road for maybe 2 minutes

Could it be burning the conventional oil that may have been on the clutches? I’m thinking that since I ran it down the road and back with the conventional oil, it needed to get hot enough to burn it off. It’s almost like the buggy is great again, except for the smoking part. Any ideas?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!