P500 Pistol storage

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Curious what anyone has to safely store/carry and retrieve there sidearm with on the P5?

Reactions: Plumber32
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Curious what anyone has to safely store/carry and retrieve there sidearm with on the P5?
I have a gun rug attached to the roll cage in the center right behind the seat back, keep it dry, out of the dust and easy to get to.
Ruger Gun Rug

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I like the idea of the gun rug attached. I’m trying to think of a way to have a pouch or something another down low where I can easily reach it if needed to draw down on a critter or poacher

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the idea of the gun rug attached. I’m trying to think of a way to have a pouch or something another down low where I can easily reach it if needed to draw down on a critter or poacher

Holster keeps a pistol in the same spot and in muscle memory reach inside or outside of any and all vehicles. Doubles as a pretty safe place to keep it out of the hands of everyone else too.

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Holster keeps a pistol in the same spot and in muscle memory reach inside or outside of any and all vehicles. Doubles as a pretty safe place to keep it out of the hands of everyone else too.

I agree. I just would like a safe place and means of carrying the firearm with me while out and about in the pioneer 500.

RydeAK

RydeAK

Aug 20, 2016
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
I keep mine within reach

Safety wise, you can't really see it but it is fully secured in a serpa holster.

Within Reach

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is a very nice gun. I have the 22/45. Not so sure that would be my choice for a carry piece on the SXS or anywhere for that matter. Just my opinion.

I agree those Ruger Mark 3 & 4 pistols are awesome. I can remember Dad limiting my brother and I to a brick of .22 ammo a day each after we shot five bricks one Saturday (Combo of Remington Thunderbolt and Winchester Wildcat (if memory serves)). We were shooting at my grandparents and my uncle introduced us to his "speed" loader and let us use his magazines as well (giving us 5 total instead of 2) to shoot that day. He couldn't believe how fast we could load magazines and destroy the bullseye in targets with them. Dad knew we were shooting a lot, but didn't realize how much until we asked if there was anymore ammo in the truck. The .22 ammo became part of our allowance for a summer or two at that point.

There was another time that same Uncle offered to load magazines for us until we missed. Shot almost half a brick before either of us missed outside the 10 ring and we had to load our own again. Our targets generally had an x bullseye and then 10/8/6/4/2 rings and they were all 1" rings. We scored bullseye as 25 and then the number in the corresponding ring for the rest. Rarely did anything under 235 win our "competition" rounds. If we shot less than 200 out of a single magazine we were done for the day because "if you can't hit what you are aiming at you have no business having a gun in your hand".

Good memories!

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500

Hey @trigger I like the console. I’ve thought about that seeing how there’s nothing else good for that spot. Where’d you get the console from and how do you have it fastened in there??? Is it removable like if my wife and little boy wanted to sit all together in there around the yard

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I made it out of wood, foamed the top and wrapped it with vinyl. It is secured with velcro straps that wrap around the seat bottom so it is removable. I can remove the seats leaving it on, just comes out with the bottom.

Very cool man when all else fails DIY usually works. I think I’ve seen a console at Walmart that would work and use Velcro like you did

Reactions: trigger
WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I put my side arm in this on my 1000. It's not a perfect fit, but works good. F36d9ab076776e06231b2070feea7ec2

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: HP5NC
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah I like that tusk bag as well. I’ll probably get the above behind storage bags across the roll cage inside that Honda offers eventually. I could get my gun in there but then it wouldn’t allow for a quick draw if needed

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You might look at the safepacker holster if you have not. Safepacker Concealment Holster

It was designed to be used for mountain rescue teams, can be attached to your hip as a traditional holster, attached to seatbelt and carried. The case is padded and carries a reload. While it is by no means a quick draw holster with practice and the right tecnique it will surprise you.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!