P1000 PK1-3 bed storage rack?

Lochsa88

Lochsa88

Apr 13, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
hello from Idaho. hey we recently jumped from Yamaha Rhino to a new Pioneer 3 seater. Love the new machine, but miss my storage rack i had on my smaller rhino. For most day trips we make due with cooler, chain saw, tool box, and dry/dust-free box. But we go on a few longer rides (multi-day camping trips), where it's nice to have more storage. And something to secure items to. I have yet to see any to buy or even pics of custom racks for the PK-3. Curious if anyone has any pics or ideas they can share? I plan to buy or build a rack for the back, to allow for more storage. Nice to have things attached to rack on every ride (saw, gas jug, boxes with survival/repair items), and still have bed space for gear (tents, bags, cooking gear) - or a deer or firewood if at hunting camp.

Have considered a smaller rack that is attached to bed, and dumps with bed like i had on my Rhino. Also considering one that attaches to roll bar up high, and then has rear bar that comes down and attaches to frame in rear (similar to 5 seater). Either way, the dump bed will still function.

Appreciate any ideas or pics.

Resized 20210530 181108 Resized 20210613 120925 Powell   Goat Lake Loaded Resized 20210215 125445 Weitas Creek

DDGrouser

DDGrouser

May 9, 2021
Other
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Like the looks of the Swamp Ox racks but they get speedy!

Reactions: Lochsa88
Lochsa88

Lochsa88

Apr 13, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
this is a custom build i saw not far from where i live. it's on a 700, but think idea would work on my 1000-3. still havent seen anything else out there on a Pk-3, and i'm sure i'm not only one lookin.

1625084421573 1625084696628

Lochsa88

Lochsa88

Apr 13, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
here's one on a Can-Am, but would have to be custom built with indent for Pioneer back roll bar and window the way it is... which is probably why i'm not seeing many options. still hoping someone out there has something cool they've done they can share. TIA

Reactions: TxDoc and DDGrouser
B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
hello from Idaho. hey we recently jumped from Yamaha Rhino to a new Pioneer 3 seater. Love the new machine, but miss my storage rack i had on my smaller rhino. For most day trips we make due with cooler, chain saw, tool box, and dry/dust-free box. But we go on a few longer rides (multi-day camping trips), where it's nice to have more storage. And something to secure items to. I have yet to see any to buy or even pics of custom racks for the PK-3. Curious if anyone has any pics or ideas they can share? I plan to buy or build a rack for the back, to allow for more storage. Nice to have things attached to rack on every ride (saw, gas jug, boxes with survival/repair items), and still have bed space for gear (tents, bags, cooking gear) - or a deer or firewood if at hunting camp.

Have considered a smaller rack that is attached to bed, and dumps with bed like i had on my Rhino. Also considering one that attaches to roll bar up high, and then has rear bar that comes down and attaches to frame in rear (similar to 5 seater). Either way, the dump bed will still function.

Appreciate any ideas or pics.

View attachment 281310 View attachment 281311 View attachment 281312 View attachment 281313 View attachment 281314
Looks pretty slick don't know where you riding my guess would be Idaho and it sure looks like a good time.....

I

IdahoSxS

May 15, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I built this rack to hold two dog crates and create covered storage for guns, bird vests, etc. It is also handy while big game hunting for storing packs, jackets, etc.

I used turn buckles with eye bolts on one end and hooks on the other. Four turn buckles hold the platform to the tie downs in the bed. The eye bolts on top provide tie downs. The platform is easy to takeoff when not needed. I put some weather strip along the sides. Not entirely water or dust proof but not bad either. I used marine plywood for the base. Aluminum angle trim was put across the back to reduce plywood sag.

PXL 20211009 154042696MP PXL 20211009 192333843

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I built this rack to hold two dog crates and create covered storage for guns, bird vests, etc. It is also handy while big game hunting for storing packs, jackets, etc.

I used turn buckles with eye bolts on one end and hooks on the other. Four turn buckles hold the platform to the tie downs in the bed. The eye bolts on top provide tie downs. The platform is easy to takeoff when not needed. I put some weather strip along the sides. Not entirely water or dust proof but not bad either. I used marine plywood for the base. Aluminum angle trim was put across the back to reduce plywood sag.

View attachment 302549 View attachment 302550
Very customized

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!