ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Anyone who has a Honda accessory windshield (or probably any other brand) that isn't hard coated knows that they scratch if you look at them wrong. Mine has gotten horrible. I had been meaning to try the Novus system on it for quite a while, and I finally ordered it:

https://www.amazon.com/NOVUS-7100-Plastic-Polish-Kit/dp/B002UCYRZU/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Last night I experimented with it for a few minutes. I have one of these little DA buffers that works with a drill:

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G3500-Power-System-Tool/dp/B009OBVRY4/?tag=sxsweb24-20

I had a new pad that I hadn't used, so I put that on and use the number 3 bottle (for deep scratches)

Spent a few minutes running the buffer on the worst area of the windshield. Wiped off the compound with a clean microfiber, and repeated. I did not do the whole windshield.

After wiping the compound off again, I could see that the scratches were noticeably lighter and much of the hazing and light scratches had cleared up significantly. I have not even used the number 2 bottle for a better polish.

Tonight I plan to spend some more time on it and see how much better I can get it. I'm really happy with the results so far.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Anyone who has a Honda accessory windshield (or probably any other brand) that isn't hard coated knows that they scratch if you look at them wrong. Mine has gotten horrible. I had been meaning to try the Novus system on it for quite a while, and I finally ordered it:

https://www.amazon.com/NOVUS-7100-Plastic-Polish-Kit/dp/B002UCYRZU/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Last night I experimented with it for a few minutes. I have one of these little DA buffers that works with a drill:

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G3500-Power-System-Tool/dp/B009OBVRY4/?tag=sxsweb24-20

I had a new pad that I hadn't used, so I put that on and use the number 3 bottle (for deep scratches)

Spent a few minutes running the buffer on the worst area of the windshield. Wiped off the compound with a clean microfiber, and repeated. I did not do the whole windshield.

After wiping the compound off again, I could see that the scratches were noticeably lighter and much of the hazing and light scratches had cleared up significantly. I have not even used the number 2 bottle for a better polish.

Tonight I plan to spend some more time on it and see how much better I can get it. I'm really happy with the results so far.

Yes....I do mine couple times
a yr....there's 3 pastel colors
of rubbing compound.....
yellow,blue,pink.....
Good thread....bro

Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

I am hoping you have good results , I really need to do something with mine !

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I am hoping you have good results , I really need to do something with mine !

Based on my initial results after working on it for just a few minutes, I really think the Novus stuff works well. You could do it by hand, but it would take a lot of elbow grease. The stuff is abrasive, but it doesn't cut fast. Using an orbital buffer makes it way easier... The really bad scratches will probably still be visible but not nearly as noticeable. After the results I have already, I'm excited to work on it some more.

I'm sure it's not going to make it look like brand new, but the improvement is already drastic.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Only thing I buy from
Harbor Freight is nails
for my nail guns.....

Last edited:
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
The novus stuff works well. I use it on my ws on my bike when it gets messed up. Haven't needed to use it on the p500 ws yet though. So far the super atv hard coat seems pretty tough. Except when you hit it with your helmet reaching down to the floor... Not that I would know. ;)

Reactions: JTW
sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
My Honda (hardcoated) windshield is almost 3 years old with lots of rough treatment. I've polished it out twice with novus 1, 2 and 3. It helps. I also put window tint on mine to cut the glare, that helped too. Mine is so scratched we there is no seeing out of it driving into the sun. You have to hang your head out the door to see. I finally got so tired of it I took it off and left it at my niece's auto glass shop a couple of days ago. She has her shop cutting out the middle of the windshield, leaving 3 or 4 inches around the edges and above and below the angle breaks of the windshield. She's replacing the middle with flat windshield "GLASS", using the old windshield for a frame. I told her to try it and not to worry if it doesn't work because I was going to junk to junk the old one anyway. She's bringing me the windshield tomorrow so I'll see how it turns out. I'm heading to deer camp Saturday afternoon and will report on the windshield the first of next week.

J

JTW

My Honda (hardcoated) windshield is almost 3 years old with lots of rough treatment. I've polished it out twice with novus 1, 2 and 3. It helps. I also put window tint on mine to cut the glare, that helped too. Mine is so scratched we there is no seeing out of it driving into the sun. You have to hang your head out the door to see. I finally got so tired of it I took it off and left it at my niece's auto glass shop a couple of days ago. She has her shop cutting out the middle of the windshield, leaving 3 or 4 inches around the edges and above and below the angle breaks of the windshield. She's replacing the middle with flat windshield "GLASS", using the old windshield for a frame. I told her to try it and not to worry if it doesn't work because I was going to junk to junk the old one anyway. She's bringing me the windshield tomorrow so I'll see how it turns out. I'm heading to deer camp Saturday afternoon and will report on the windshield the first of next week.
I'm interested to see how that works! I like that idea!!!

Reactions: ehart814 and HUCK
J

JTW

Hey.. if you end up having to replace the windshield I'm (so far) VERY pleased with the superatv flip windshield **for the pioneer 500**!!

Reactions: RumpRocket
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Hey.. if you end up having to replace the windshield I'm (so far) VERY pleased with the superatv flip windshield **for the pioneer 500**!!
Is your a thick...or thin one
1/4"........1/8"

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
GLASS is the best way to go
& as many threads about it
....on here.& new guys buy the
same thing....they've read....
really puzzles me...it's more
$$$ ...they fit better& they
don't scratch. ....
just sayin

J

JTW

GLASS is the best way to go
& as many threads about it
....on here.& new guys buy the
same thing....they've read....
really puzzles me...it's more
$$$ ...they fit better& they
don't scratch. ....
just sayin
I agree.. But there's just not any options in the glass windshields. If the one that is out there could fully open.. I'd buy it!

Reactions: HUCK
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Before someone....gets
butt hurt....I wasn't dogging
any of ya...it's kool to see
young guys..piloting the
p5.....
Wanna see more GLASS
When I get saved up....I'm
Doing it too

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I agree.. But there's just not any options in the glass windshields. If the one that is out there could fully open.. I'd buy it!
Pushes out....
as big as the window
area above the p5
door is....you get
plenty of air
8D46BDCA 12B3 63FD A79D4318B5B899E2
8D9C1C24 12B3 63FD A79DD2B70F4BD570

J

JTW

Before someone....gets
butt hurt....I wasn't dogging
any of ya...it's kool to see
young guys..piloting the
p5.....
Wanna see more GLASS
When I get saved up....I'm
Doing it too
My butt feels fine.. I agree with ya! I just want a fully opening glass version!

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
My butt feels fine.. I agree with ya! I just want a fully opening glass version!
If that's the case...do one with
velcro straps...in winter
take off in summer

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
They seal up
way......better...
plus...it leads to
a wiper.....haha hahaha
. She don't need to know
that.....till after the jnstall

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!