• Welcome to HONDASXS.com

If you are a guest please take time to REGISTER with us. Stay up to date on the Honda Side by Side line and take part in our online forum. Check out the FAQ. Once you register you can start to make post. Users will respond to your question or statement. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit below or click the board index to see a list of all forums. Thanks and have fun.

Talon Plastic trim clip removal

Discussion in 'General Talon 1000 Discussion' started by Oldmxrat, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Oldmxrat

Oldmxrat New Member

Ownership:
    Talon R
    While installing accessories I've encountered a number of difficult to remove trim clips, because of their location, where the usual tool just doesn't work. For the ones with the pry slots I've found that a paint can opener is just the ticket. I ground the edge a little sharper and it's super easy to get it in and pry them out, even in hard to reach places.
    For the ones with the smaller center and no pry slots, just push in the center and the whole thing comes out easily(found that out the hard way).
    I hope this save someone the same kind of frustration I had dealing with these things. clips1.jpg clips2.jpg clips3.jpg

JimmyTalon, BeezrGeezr and lee like this.
  2. MFG

MFG Active Member

Ownership:
    Talon R
    Amazon has a plastic rivet tool for about $5 bucks that do the pull up style. It works great.

3. Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk Berserker
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    700-4
    Make your own with a cheep slip joint pliers . Take a side grinder and open the pliers and grind a slot on both sides leaving a thin ridge to grip the head and pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. stellarpod

stellarpod Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    Talon X
    I often use a pair of side cutters, allowing the beveled jaws to slip under the head while *carefully* squeezing them. Prys the fastener up without a problem. Of course you've got to be careful not to cut the head off.... ;)

Steve

5. hurld

hurld Active Member
    Lifetime Member