BOX1

P700 Please Help. Transmission issue

R

Ridgerunner11

Nov 15, 2020
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
The dude that had the problem hasn't been on here since 2017. People join up when they have a problem, then never post the solution to their problems. And then never to be seen again. If you figure it out you should post the fix for someone in the future.

Thanks, I noticed that after I posted. I also started reading about the camshaft problems. This sounds like it could be my problem. It feels like it struggles to get enough power to make it to the shift points and then maintain that power so it just shifts back down. At first I thought transmission which led me here so I changed the oil to see if there was any change. After no change I started looking for what else it could be. I only have 1200 miles on the machine as it is mainly used around our property for work and during hunting season.

R

Rambo-1967

Nov 25, 2020
Winnipeg Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks, I noticed that after I posted. I also started reading about the camshaft problems. This sounds like it could be my problem. It feels like it struggles to get enough power to make it to the shift points and then maintain that power so it just shifts back down. At first I thought transmission which led me here so I changed the oil to see if there was any change. After no change I started looking for what else it could be. I only have 1200 miles on the machine as it is mainly used around our property for work and during hunting season.
I am trying to figure out the same problem you have I have a 2014 with about half the kilometers that you have after going high speed I lose power I need to idle it down and slow down then I gain more power enough to go half the speed it seems like it’s a fuel problem but the dealer says it does not have a fuel filter Could anybody help me with this thank you

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am trying to figure out the same problem you have I have a 2014 with about half the kilometers that you have after going high speed I lose power I need to idle it down and slow down then I gain more power enough to go half the speed it seems like it’s a fuel problem but the dealer says it does not have a fuel filter Could anybody help me with this thank you
This might sound stupid but a guy I work with started having a problem kinda like this with his 700. The air filter was trashed out.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
W

is the best way of cleaning the filter
Idk the correct way but I use a mild degreaser and rinse with water. Then let it air dry and add a small amount of oil to the foam. When I was a kid, we used gas to clean them but I know that's not recommended.

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Idk the correct way but I use a mild degreaser and rinse with water. Then let it air dry and add a small amount of oil to the foam. When I was a kid, we used gas to clean them but I know that's not recommended.
Dawn dish soap works good, then some K & N filter oil.

R

Rambo-1967

Nov 25, 2020
Winnipeg Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
Dawn dish soap works good, then some K & N filter oil.
Ok thanks 👍
I cleaned my filter very well let it air dry for two days then put oil on it and use the rag to damp it so there’s not too much in it and the machine still runs the same I lose power at about 25 km an hour and just reading up on other guys on the forum about the camshaft wondering if I have that problem or is there a fuel filter somewhere is on this machine I can change first

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I cleaned my filter very well let it air dry for two days then put oil on it and use the rag to damp it so there’s not too much in it and the machine still runs the same I lose power at about 25 km an hour and just reading up on other guys on the forum about the camshaft wondering if I have that problem or is there a fuel filter somewhere is on this machine I can change first
According to math, 25km is right around 15mph, which is the cutoff speed for newer models with the seatbelt limiter. Are you sure it's a 2014 (no O2 sensor in the exhaust)? Is the seatbelt light flashing?

Reactions: Smitty335
R

Rambo-1967

Nov 25, 2020
Winnipeg Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
According to math, 25km is right around 15mph, which is the cutoff speed for newer models with the seatbelt limiter. Are you sure it's a 2014 (no O2 sensor in the exhaust)? Is the seatbelt light flashing?
It was built in 2013 and sold as a 2014 model. It started doing that last week during hunting and we never wear the seatbelt with doors on it. Never hade this problem before and it has 1315 klm on the Honda. I’ll have to check for the 0 2 sensor and never thought of looking at the seatbelt light. Thanks for the information I’ll get back to you

Reactions: DG Rider and JimmyA
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
It was built in 2013 and sold as a 2014 model. It started doing that last week during hunting and we never wear the seatbelt with doors on it. Never hade this problem before and it has 1315 klm on the Honda. I’ll have to check for the 0 2 sensor and never thought of looking at the seatbelt light. Thanks for the information I’ll get back to you
Well...if it's a 14 it shouldn't have the seatbelt limiter (unless canada was different). You shouldn't have an O2 either. I only mentioned the O2 because it's a quick way to identify a 2015 or newer

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!