BOX1

P500 Plowing tips and accessories

C

Conter25

Jul 16, 2016
Utah
I have been asking a bunch of questions about the P500 and plowing- as that will be a huge portion of what I am going to be using it for.
I have heard that the stock tires are not good have have poor traction in the snow and ice? Has anyone heard this? I don't want to be any wider than 50 inches though, any suggestions?
Does anyone know how high the Warn/Honda plow lifts up?

How good is it a plowing snow? I am mostly doing sidewalks and driveways.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry can't assist with stock tires as I had aftermaket with 5-2 rims installed after a week of ownership. At the time fall of '14 warn didn't have gear at my local Honda shop so I went with all KFI gear, winch mount, blade mount and 66" blade matched with Superwinch Terra 35 and synthetic rope. Been very happy with this setup, well made very strong and can move a ton of snow. Keep in mind you can adjust the reverse lockout pull lever (adjust under the hood), so you don't have to pull on the Reverse lever, just use paddle shifter. Still gotta be stopped but but works awesome.

J

D

Deleted member 3748

I have been asking a bunch of questions about the P500 and plowing- as that will be a huge portion of what I am going to be using it for.
I have heard that the stock tires are not good have have poor traction in the snow and ice? Has anyone heard this? I don't want to be any wider than 50 inches though, any suggestions?
Does anyone know how high the Warn/Honda plow lifts up?

How good is it a plowing snow? I am mostly doing sidewalks and driveways.

I plow with stock tires. I have a 60" KFI plow set up and have no issyes at all. It's so easy we even plow about 200' of the street in front of our house. I mounted the winch on the top and can raise my blade pretty high. It blocks the headlights.

IMAG00427

D

Deleted member 3748

[QUOTE="Keep in mind you can adjust the reverse lockout pull lever (adjust under the hood), so you don't have to pull on the Reverse lever, just use paddle shifter. Still gotta be stopped but but works awesome.

J[/QUOTE]
I'm very interested in this mod. :)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
[QUOTE="Keep in mind you can adjust the reverse lockout pull lever (adjust under the hood), so you don't have to pull on the Reverse lever, just use paddle shifter. Still gotta be stopped but but works awesome.

J
I'm very interested in this mod. :)[/QUOTE]

I thought everyone had done that mod already.
That was the easiest, cheapest most rewarding mod I've ever done.
That thing was annoying and couldn't imagine plowing with it hooked up.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

I'm very interested in this mod. :)

That thing was annoying and couldn't imagine plowing with it hooked up.[/QUOTE]

I'll search the forum for it later. Unless you have a link. :)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That thing was annoying and couldn't imagine plowing with it hooked up.

I'll search the forum for it later. Unless you have a link. :)[/QUOTE]
Check out thread Yee Haw posted by sledge April 26th.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have aftermarket wheels and BH2 tires and 72" KFI plow. Works great.

Ike

Ike

Aug 3, 2016
New Brunswick
Ownership

1. 500
Check out thread Yee Haw posted by sledge April 26th.

Haven't found anything yet!

View attachment 21151[/QUOTE]

Take your hood off ,should be a bracket where the brake lever can be adjusted
With nuts on both side.Loosen rear side of bracket and snug up front side,which takes the slack out of cable like your pulling the lever. This keeps the bar open so you can paddle into reverse. Just remember there is no safety to stop from down shifting into reverse.

C

Conter25

Jul 16, 2016
Utah
I was pretty lucky last week and scored a new in the box Honda accessory Warn plow mount for $15.50 plus shipping :). It would have been about $200 retail plus tax from a Honda dealer. No need in buying the Honda accessory Warn push tube and blade though, as you can buy the exact same thing on Amazon for far less money than the dealer. The push tube is just a Warn Provantage [HASHTAG]#92100[/HASHTAG]. On the Warn Provantage blade, you can get a 54" (size of the Honda accessory) or larger.
That's an awesome savings! So does that mean that all of the provantage accessories- like the ProPivot would work on the Honda push tube?

D

Deleted member 3748

View attachment 21151

With nuts on both side.Loosen rear side of bracket and snug up front side,which takes the slack out of cable like your pulling the lever. This keeps the bar open so you can paddle into reverse. Just remember there is no safety to stop from down shifting into reverse.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, Ike! I want to get in there anyway to put in a heat block. A lot of hot air blows through that hole and makes my leg warm.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4

View attachment 21151

With nuts on both side.Loosen rear side of bracket and snug up front side,which takes the slack out of cable like your pulling the lever. This keeps the bar open so you can paddle into reverse. Just remember there is no safety to stop from down shifting into reverse.[/QUOTE]
Supposedly, the P5 will not shift into reverse unless it's not moving.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4

View attachment 21151

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4

View attachment 21151

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!