Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well time to start a new build thread!
Just purchased a new talon x4. Id appreciate any pointers on the must haves or must do's. Ive got the warrior snorkel coming. Thinking about just the half windshield for now. I like it on the Pioneer that way.
20210305 130729

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just purchased a new talon x4. Id appreciate any pointers on the must haves or must do's. Ive got the warrior snorkel coming. Thinking about just the half windshield for now. I like it on the Pioneer that way.

View attachment 259184
Congratulations! I know you're gonna do skid plates. I had Factory UTV on my first Talon now I have Trail Armor and my buddy has SATV on his. Trail Armour with the integrated rock sliders for the win! I'd also go with Hondas A arm guards, they give the best protection and Factory UTV trailing arm guards, they mount the best. Look forward to the build!

R

randi 58

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 259184
In a long time plumber we just bought a pioneer 1000 -3 cedar base Just wanted to say hi

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congratulations! I know you're gonna do skid plates. I had Factory UTV on my first Talon now I have Trail Armor and my buddy has SATV on his. Trail Armour with the integrated rock sliders for the win! I'd also go with Hondas A arm guards, they give the best protection and Factory UTV trailing arm guards, they mount the best. Look forward to the build!
Skid and nerf bars? Or just the full on skid with the side skids?

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 259184
Congrats Plumber, I can’t wait til the next ride so I can see it in person. That is the best color scheme they have in my opinion.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the colors. Had they a 4 seater when I was looking at the 1000, I may have turned talons and run with it. As it stood, I cannot fit in a 2seater talon. Is there much more adjustments in the 4 seaters seats? Are you gonna make it street legal?

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
#1Gotta get a skid plate ASAP. Stock is junk and you’ll use it plenty with the 4 seater. Either go with skids that wrap up sides or get nerf bars as well. I went with nerf bars to help keep body off of trees and such.

#2. I love the superATV flip up windshield.

#3 Big fan of the Switch-Pros if you will be running a fair amount of accessories.

#4 High clearance arms and radius rods. I used L&W for both.

I found firmest setting on shocks work best on rocky trails. Bandit tender springs are a good upgrade as well and reasonable cost.

As with any machine there is plenty of other stuff. 32” tires, flares, winch, tunes, radio, lightbar, backup camera, tablet mount, reverse lights, locker coming.

AJK offroad is coming out with pack out mounts that go across entire bed of you can modify Milwaukee’s mounts.

Here is my build. Started with 2 seater when they came out and switched to 4 seater. Swapped over all accessories that fit.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!