P1000 Portals and rockcrawling

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Ok I may get some, lifetime Warranty on the portals right?

Yep! Everything but the maintenance stuff like seals, gaskets, and bearings. And those are always good as long as you're running clean 80-90. The cheapest 80-90 you can find, and change the oil every once in awhile.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Im usually not one to bash someones product....but .......i have spent the last 2.5 hrs trying to make this POS fit on my machine. Right off the bat there were no instructions...no biggie i download online. Pretty straightforward install anyway... the main bracket holes are cut at least a 16th off. Again no biggie..rattail file and main bracket on. The front AArm tabs are cut to the wrong angle and misalligned. When i put the bolts in and tighten them it pinches the A arms bolts. So if i was to have problems with my arm i would uave to loosen the entire frame kit. Yalls QC needs to step up a couple notches. I have bought alot of SuperATV stuff and hate to bash one of your products....bit this one is crap and will be going back!
And just for the record i read several reviews that stated the same issues i have. I just really hoped that it wouldn't be the case with mine.

Man, frame stiffeners are the biggest PIA install. Mostly because its designed to run on a brand new show room floor model that hasn't been beaten up at all. The flimsy stock frame tabs get beaten up pretty quick, and they make that install a real pain. But...having that on there will protect them for the long haul. For some of the older machines that have seen some abuse, I always just say to beat the hell out of it until you can get it to fit. Frame to frame variation isn't bad but isn't perfect, but the main issue is trying to get it on when you already have a little damage. The frame stiffener, a skid plate, and a winch would be the absolute first things I'd do to a brand new machine.

Reactions: Plumber32
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man, frame stiffeners are the biggest PIA install. Mostly because its designed to run on a brand new show room floor model that hasn't been beaten up at all. The flimsy stock frame tabs get beaten up pretty quick, and they make that install a real pain. But...having that on there will protect them for the long haul. For some of the older machines that have seen some abuse, I always just say to beat the hell out of it until you can get it to fit. Frame to frame variation isn't bad but isn't perfect, but the main issue is trying to get it on when you already have a little damage. The frame stiffener, a skid plate, and a winch would be the absolute first things I'd do to a brand new machine.
To be fair...i did finally get it on that night. I posted that out of frustration and had already spoken to tech support and told them i was going to return it. But after several more beers i wasnt going to be beaten. It took alot of tweaking. So someone buying this need be aware that this will probably not be a straight up bolt on process...unless you have a brand new never driven machine. Overall I think it will be a good upgrade.

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put my stiffener on a 16 model as soon as I bought it earlier this year and it went on pretty easy. Guess I was lucky and nothing was already bent on that machine when I got it. Can’t see running larger tires without it.

portals would be nice for sure just hard to justify the price

Reactions: SuperATV
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I
To be fair...i did finally get it on that night. I posted that out of frustration and had already spoken to tech support and told them i was going to return it. But after several more beers i wasnt going to be beaten. It took alot of tweaking. So someone buying this need be aware that this will probably not be a straight up bolt on process...unless you have a brand new never driven machine. Overall I think it will be a good upgrade.

It's definitely a multi-beer install, often accompanied by very colorful language. We'll rate this a 5 to 7 beer install. If you get over 10...its just time to put the wrench down until the next day.

45 minute install meme jpg

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Im usually not one to bash someones product....but .......i have spent the last 2.5 hrs trying to make this POS fit on my machine. Right off the bat there were no instructions...no biggie i download online. Pretty straightforward install anyway... the main bracket holes are cut at least a 16th off. Again no biggie..rattail file and main bracket on. The front AArm tabs are cut to the wrong angle and misalligned. When i put the bolts in and tighten them it pinches the A arms bolts. So if i was to have problems with my arm i would uave to loosen the entire frame kit. Yalls QC needs to step up a couple notches. I have bought alot of SuperATV stuff and hate to bash one of your products....bit this one is crap and will be going back!
And just for the record i read several reviews that stated the same issues i have. I just really hoped that it wouldn't be the case with mine.
Good luck.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!