100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm gonna have to replace my Rear Box sometime soon. After having flipped 3 too many times at the Takeover, the lid no longer locks on either side. I'm currently holding the lid down with a ratchet strap and it works but it's no longer secure. I'm definitely looking at some new rear rack/box Mods soon. It sucks too, that box wasn't cheap!
IMG 0566

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
If going wood, consider Advantech plywood, dense enought for butt joints. Wood was OK but heavy, so later switched to aluminum cargo carrier.

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
If going wood, consider Advantech plywood, dense enought for butt joints. Wood was OK but heavy, so later switched to aluminum cargo carrier.

Yeah that’s one thing I want to watch is the weight. A box like I plan or was planning to build could easily weight 50-75lb completed. What’s this advantech you speak of? Where can you buy it???

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Advantech is 23/32 inch water resistent engineered plywood, 500 day exposure rated, used for subfloors at big box stores. See post #1. But that said, no regrets on switch to aluminum, may modify prior wooden box to dump box some day. But for angled shape to fit rack, DIY one the option. Also made plain flat bed with leftover Advantech. One tip, a slight rear overhang can act as a bumper when backing up in woods. Good luck on project, P500 is great.
Shop AdvanTech Flooring 23/32 CAT PS2-10 Tongue and Groove OSB Subfloor, Application as 4 x 8 at Lowes.com

F3CF7F71 AEA6 49ED 912E EE2073E180C5 78B4DAE1 D66A 40D1 AF73 E0B0DE7C0143

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
That looks good. I hate to think about spending the money on the Strongmade one, but it sure looks nice.

Rob

Reactions: Dp5hunter and HP5NC
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Found two on golfcartking.com I could Ben interested in:

RHOX Yamaha G29 Drive Golf Cart Thermoplastic Utility Box - Golf Cart King LLC

&

Yamaha G29 Drive Aluminum Utility Bed/Box 2007-Up - Golf Cart King LLC

They look pretty nice. They’re pricey. I could build one cheaper for sure. But they look really nice. @KYhillbilly can’t you speak to the quality? How’s the latches? How did you attach yours???

Love mine, the full length hinge on the bottom is very strong and i have hauled rocks, deer, fertilizer, lawn mowers, you name it in mine and no issues. Put a piece of foam in it to prevent rattles. And it adds very little weight to the machine. I tried to get the local Rural King to order me a plastic bed that goes on the cheap Landmaster UTV's but that never worked out and then i found this and couldn't be happier.

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Love mine, the full length hinge on the bottom is very strong and i have hauled rocks, deer, fertilizer, lawn mowers, you name it in mine and no issues. Put a piece of foam in it to prevent rattles. And it adds very little weight to the machine. I tried to get the local Rural King to order me a plastic bed that goes on the cheap Landmaster UTV's but that never worked out and then i found this and couldn't be happier.

That’s good to hear. I’ll probably go with one of those when the time comes. Not sure which. I guess the aluminum one but the poly one interest me as well. And how did you fasten yours to the P5 rack?

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I like that box so much I bought one. Just delivered yesterday and sits in my Honda OEM tray nicely. How did you fasten yours to the rack?
Yours is the Kolpin trunk and mine is the Honda so I am not sure what you use to mount it. The Honda trunks come with mounting clamps.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!