William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently went on a ride with massive hills and decided my 27" mudlite xtr was too much tire for my p500... they measure out to 28" rear and 27.5" front and weigh in at 33 rear and 28 front. I went with 27" maxxis zillas which measure exactly 27" and weigh 21.5 front and 24 rear. The power difference is crazy! It gets up way faster now and with me and a passenger I can cruise slow in 3rd gear in places I had to be in second with the XTRs... ride is not as good but not a deal breaker... The zillas definitely do better in mud...

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Wider tires can eat power, especially if they are soft and gooey. I have narrow tractor tires 30" tall and haven't ever wondered if it would be worth downsizing to get more power.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!