BOX1

P500 Power steering question

Yellowbeast

Yellowbeast

May 29, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 500
I know this topic has been talked about a lot on this forum but my question is does anyone know why the tusk system is a $100 less then the ez steer system? They look like the same exact thing on the internet. Is the tusk system not as reliable?

Reactions: J80 and TxDoc
T

tg16500

Dec 2, 2019
US
I have had the Tusk kit on my P500 or over a year, works great and no complaints. I did some research before purchasing and it looked like all of them are made by the same Chinese company (Tianjin Deco) and re-labeled. A co-worker of mine purchase a kit from Super ATV and it looks exactly like the Tusk kit I purchased for more than $100 less.... Some of the higher priced kits do come with a longer warranty, but I am pretty sure they are all the same.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Reactions: J80 and Yellowbeast
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I know this topic has been talked about a lot on this forum but my question is does anyone know why the tusk system is a $100 less then the ez steer system? They look like the same exact thing on the internet. Is the tusk system not as reliable?
They are nearly, if not exactly identical, made in same factory. Just packaging, stickers, and price are the difference.

C

CamoP500

Aug 8, 2020
Lake Vermilion
Ownership

1. 500
I have the tusk(not rugged like first posted) brand. And in comparing it to the online videos of the more expensive kits it looks identical. Mine was a quick install and has worked flawlessly. You will love it

Last edited:
T

tg16500

Dec 2, 2019
US
The Tusk system from Rocky Mountain ATV says Tusk on the box but is labeled "Rugged" on the motor and controller.

T

tg16500

Dec 2, 2019
US
Forgot to mention, be sure to look through the past reviews on RM ATV website for the kit. The one I left about a year ago, I mentioned some of the issues I ran into when installing in. The issues were minor...just take your time and keep an eye on one of the universal joints and clearance to the brake fluid reservoir. It is close and you may have to add a small shim under one of the motor mounting brackets..

T

tg16500

Dec 2, 2019
US
Forgot to mention, be sure to look through the past reviews on RM ATV website for the kit. The one I left about a year ago, I mentioned some of the issues I ran into when installing in. The issues were minor...just take your time and keep an eye on one of the universal joints and clearance to the brake fluid reservoir. It is close and you may have to add a small shim under one of the motor mounting brackets..

Be sure to search for RM ATV discount codes. A lot of times there are 10% off codes floating around that will work I was able to find one last year bringing the kit to around $450

Reactions: J80 and Mudder
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I have the rugged brand. And in comparing it to the online videos of the more expensive kits it looks identical. Mine was a quick install and has worked flawlessly. You will love it
This ^^^^

I put the same system on the Donkey, works great

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I'm pretty sure we're probably sourcing the same motor unit and ECU, but I know the mounting brackets and steering shafts are all ours.
Well my sticker has been flawless for 3 years. Applied with precision. No gripes here, LOL.

0A9B1B3B 7F43 47DB 9719 07C10C34D4F3

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!