P500 Power steering

B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
I am ordering power steering this week. Does anyone have the tusk unit installed on their ride? How does it compare to the ez steer version? Hate to spend the extra money for ez if not needed.

Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mrjeff42
JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
I am ordering power steering this week. Does anyone have the tusk unit installed on their ride? How does it compare to the ez steer version? Hate to spend the extra money for ez if not needed.

Thanks in advance!!!

I have the Tusk power steering for almost 2 years now and have had no problem at all. I had the same question as you do but would not worry to purchase it again! I bought mine off of ebay when it was $100 less than ez steer.

mrjeff42

mrjeff42

Mar 22, 2015
lagrange georgia
Ownership

1. 500

Thanks in advance!!!

im following this topic because power steering is probably my next upgrade..... I was wondering the same question about the tusk and the ez steer....

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Both look like same manufacturer, big improvement to P500, worth the cost. Would replace it if it ever failed but two years so far and no issues. EZ steer here. Some threads on forum for installation and tweaks. Whichever you get, worth a try to call to negotiate for any (forum) discount.
Memorial Day Sale | SuperATV

C9700DCB 0674 43FE ACE0 ED45DEC88906

T

trailrider500

May 13, 2019
Oregon
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I just finished installing the tusk unit today....seems to be very high quality...the only hickups I had was I had to do a lot of adjusting to make the shafts come out to the correct length in the splines...took some tweaking and such to get everything to line up....also if you have the honda under hood storage compartment you cant mount the control unit the way they want...I used their bracket turned upside down and mounted to the passengers side on one of the under dash supports..I had to invert it to make the wiring reach it.....I noticed like so many others that I have read about, that there is a lot of flex in the bracket, but I guess this is normal......night and day difference...works perfectly.... I would say it's the first mod people should do