P1000 pre-filter air box delete

J

John_S

Lifetime Member
Dec 27, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I noticed that the stock airbox cover was removed and replaced with electrical panels on several builds. My question is what modifications were made to air box when doing this? Are there any threads relating to this specifically, my initial search has not turned anything useful up.

Reactions: BWAF
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I noticed that the stock airbox cover was removed and replaced with electrical panels on several builds. My question is what modifications were made to air box when doing this? Are there any threads relating to this specifically, my initial search has not turned anything useful up.

That's not the air box, the air box is under the seat. Many of us have replaced the air intake inlet under the hood with a snorkel.

IMG 20190701 175630
IMG 20190616 160054

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Do you mean the prefilter "box" and cover?

The air box is behind the seat.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did under hood snorkel /prefilter

20190204 182531

J

John_S

Lifetime Member
Dec 27, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes, it would be the "pre filter & cover" I do see that some have installed snorkels, but I am more interested in what those of you have done that removed the cover and added an electrical panel. Did you just leave it open underneath, add any type of pre filter or some sort of screen to prevent rodent nesting?

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Once hose is on for new prefilter no need to do anything

Reactions: Hondasxs
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yes, it would be the "pre filter & cover" I do see that some have installed snorkels, but I am more interested in what those of you have done that removed the cover and added an electrical panel. Did you just leave it open underneath, add any type of pre filter or some sort of screen to prevent rodent nesting?
I cut the fins off on top of prefilter box and placed a fuse box where the fins were at. It doesn't affect the prefilter at all.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

So.... like you have there, I put a 90 on my intake, and then stuck the "sponge" pre filter in the end of it which seemed pretty snug. I was worried about it sucking the sponge in. It seemed fine for several months of riding then I left it at the farm. It sat for a while and I was doing some maintenance and checked the air box. I found the sponge and a big mouse nest in the air box. SO.... I think what happened is the mouse built the nest in front of my 90 with sponge. It caused too much resistance and sucked the whole mess into the airbox.

Thats a really long way of saying if you put the "sponge" in the 90 be sure to keep it fairly clean or it will get sucked in.

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats a really long way of saying if you put the "sponge" in the 90 be sure to keep it fairly clean or it will get sucked in.

Yep, I don't have anything in mine at all. It goes from the pre-filter on the snorkel straight thru to the air filter. I put the sponge in it when I was doing my building so I wouldn't loose anything down the hole, that's why you see it in the pictures.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yep, I don't have anything in mine at all. It goes from the pre-filter on the snorkel straight thru to the air filter. I put the sponge in it when I was doing my building so I wouldn't loose anything down the hole, that's why you see it in the pictures.

good deal. Needless to say I don't have mine in there anymore lol

Reactions: nitzo, JTW and BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!